Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TreeLike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2003, 04:25 PM
    Missing comm.drv file
    Hi,
    I use Windows XP runnng on 1.8GB clock speed. I receive an error message saying:

NTVDM KERNEL: Missing 16-bit system module
    Please re-install the following module to your system32 directory: COMM.DRV

I've searched my entire hard disk and sure enough, no such file exists. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2004, 03:57 PM
    Re: missing comm.drv file
    That file is on your WinXP disk.

While your at it do you still have a copy of Win98se?
    If you do explor that disk for this file base5.cab can you send it to me I'll be eturnaly greatfull, in the mean time I'm going to find you your file.

MagikPoo... Out! ::)
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 09:57 AM
    Comm.drv
    I have searched my Winxp disc for the comm.drv file, it can't find it in the search.

And my searches on the net, can't find it either.

Can you help.

Thanks
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 10:48 AM
    SOlved
    I finally solved this problem.

Go to this driver guides website, simple to join with a name and password, excellent site for getting drivers and things you need.

Then just search the site for Comm.drv

It says the file is for Win95/98 but I downloaded it to my Windows/system32 directory and it solved my program and game installs instantly.

http://members.driverguide.com/

Any problems just ask. ;)
    RebekahVera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 04:45 PM
    I use Windows XP runnng on 1.8GB clock speed. I receive an error message saying:

NTVDM KERNEL: Missing 16-bit system module
    Please re-install the following module to your system32 directory: COMM.DRV

What should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing file msstdfmt.dll [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I've downloaded a piece of diagnostic software that will not run because it says that I am missing the file MSSTDFMT.DLL. The Microsoft web site tells me this stands for "Microsoft Standard Data Formating Object". I have located this .DLL at www.dll-files.com and believe it should be...

XP Home edition on Dell missing dll file [ 2 Answers ]

hi folks I try do repair xp home edition to a dell with the disk that come with and I'm getting a lot of missing dll files. After quite a few tries only the comrepl.dll is missing as the mswrd6.wpc also. I do have the files but where I should copy them? Can someone point where I should copy them?...

Missing SKU112.CAB file [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Windows Installer keeps popping up and says I am missing this file. I cannot locate the CD for my Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Student & Teacher Edition (good for 3 computers in the home). That means, I cannot replace the missing file. However, I read that the CD doesn't have the...

Missing file for JL2005A camera [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to set up a Jl2005A dual function digital camera together with ArcSoft Photoimpression 4 from a CD. I have Windows XP and lots of harddisc. I have also in the past downloaded (online) Service Pack 2. When I connect the camera via a USB I get a message "The file 'dshowext.ax' on Windows...

View more questions Search