Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BEX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2005, 10:01 AM
    Child support for child out of wedlock
    My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. She found out she is @ 2 weeks pregnant and she thought it only fair to let him know asap. He flipped his lid and told her to get a job because he won't be supporting her anymore and will soon be out of her life when he tells his wife. He is promising $1000 a month or half of baby's expenses. Of course the baby is nine months away, but when should she secretly seek counsel? He is very capable of hiding assets but she knows what his income is. Would she be entitled to more than a thousand a month? We live in Florida. When would child support start? Who pays Dr. bills before baby? Thnk you for your answer and time. P.S. Where does she look for resources and attorney? He has stopped supporting her and the $1000 is $3500 less what he gave her before she was pregnant.
    amanda762 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

May 21, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BEX
    my friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. She found out she is @ 2 weeks pregnant and she thought it only fair to let him know asap. He flipped his lid and told her to get a job because he won't be supporting her anymore and will soon be out of her life when he tells his wife. He is promising $1000 a month or half of baby's expenses. Of course the baby is nine months away, but when should she secretly seek counsel? He is very capable of hiding assets but she knows what his income is. Would she be entitled to more than a thousand a month? We live in Florida. When would child support start? Who pays Dr. bills before baby? Thnk you for your answer and time. P.S. Where does she look for resources and attorney? He has stopped supporting her and the $1000 is $3500 less what he gave her before she was pregnant.
    I think she would have to wait until the baby is born to do anything about the matter. I would tell her after that to def seek counsil about the matter
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 22, 2007, 10:04 AM
    As good a lawyer as he can get he can't say that dna lies. Wait till the baby is born and have the courts order a dna test to prove he's the father. He won't get out of paying then.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

May 22, 2007, 12:14 PM
    If she has no recorded source of income, she should be able to get on her states maternity medicaid to get the doctor's bills paid for. I don't believe he can be forced to support HER.

For child support though she is going to have to file a paternity suit, get DNA tests, etc. It's not going to be pretty by the sounds of it.

Both parents made very poor life choices, but the child shouldn't have to suffer for it and the courts should be able to research his assetts and income thoroughly and use their state formula to calculate support payments.
    jverner Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2007, 10:19 AM
    my friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. She found out she is @ 2 weeks pregnant and she thought it only fair to let him know asap. He flipped his lid and told her to get a job because he won't be supporting her anymore and will soon be out of her life when he tells his wife. He is promising $1000 a month or half of baby's expenses. Of course the baby is nine months away, but when should she secretly seek counsel? He is very capable of hiding assets but she knows what his income is. Would she be entitled to more than a thousand a month? We live in Florida. When would child support start? Who pays Dr. bills before baby? Thnk you for your answer and time. P.S. Where does she look for resources and attorney? He has stopped supporting her and the $1000 is $3500 less what he gave her before she was pregnant.
    I'd get a lawyer right now. The lawyer can advise about how much child support can be obtained and whether assistance is available prior to birth. Also, sometimes cases can be settled discretely which might appeal to the father since he is married. As for a lawyer, your friend might check this page: Child Support Enforcement Attorneys :: The Child Support Web
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

May 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
    She had better be careful what she says and does with/to him because him and his wife have as much right to the child as she does and from the sound of it she was living only by what he gave her so he has the money to fight her for custody and with her not being able to provide for the child he has a good chance of winning. I think that she better get a lawyer as sonn as she can and get a head start on trying to keep that from happening but as for making him support her while she is pregnant that is wishful thinking she can not do that. And she can't get child support until the baby is born and she proves that it is his. I almost bet though the child support that she receives will be less than 1000.00 a month especially on only one child.
    bryden1401 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2007, 07:23 AM
    What was she thinking. Most people don't really know they are pregnant until 6 weeks along after missing a menstural cycle. He cannot be made to support her through the pregnancy and pay her bills if he dosen't want to. She can keep a record of all the bills and when and if the child is proven to be his then he may be responsible for half of them and child support. Techinally yea she can get a lawyer but he cannot do much until the child is born and there is dna proof. She better be careful though cause if her suar daddy and wife are well of they may try to take the child stating that she cannot support it.
    Narlo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 05:08 PM
    She's out of luck. No birth certificate with his signature, no paternity test, no legitimation. Unless he puts his name on some documents saying he's the dad, it's too bad.
    jkvpmaster Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 14, 2011, 09:18 PM
    Get a lawyer as soon as you can. Lawyer can force reluctant father to be to cough up money to support your child. Once child is born, lawyer can get a court order to get DNA test to establih paternity of the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my husband has 2 kids from a previous marriage, we pay child support on time, which is 30% of my husbands net income. However his ex earns a lot more than he does and has a lot less financial responsibilities compared to us as she lives for free with her parents who take care of everything. We...

Child support [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My husband has been divorced for 19 years, his kids are 25,23 and 21. His divorce agreement (Massachusetts) states that he pays Child support until the youngest turns 18 or is emancipated and that the support shall continue for any child not having attained the age of 22, residing with...

Child Support [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all. I need advice. My wife and I are separating and we are trying our best to make the process as smooth as possible. We have split joint bills evenly so we don't have to pay each other anything. She claims she doesn't want child support, but has a boyfriend going through a divorce that...

Child Support [ 2 Answers ]

My divorce decree states that my ex-husband was to pay child support to my child school. He was not paying the tuition and I could no longer afford to pay it so I took my child out of private school. My ex-husband randomly pays support and nowhere near what the court order stipulated. Can I get...

View more questions Search