Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sasha35 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
    How should I feel about a 6 yr. old male touching a 3 yr. old female at school?
    I am an extremely concerned mother of a 6 yr. old boy who has a new classmate this year who is the same age. They are in different classes but do attend an Aftercare Program with each other. I had my concerns when I was taken aside in letting me know that he & this other student who is the same age, 6 were caught "cussing out" the lawncare providers. I was not a happy mother none-the-less as I pay for my son to be in a private school. Today's situation has me furious and I would like to know; Is it normal that a 6 year old little boy, who's toenails had actually been painted blue as I noticed last week, to be touching another student(female) at the age of 3 in her "tickle spot"? What is most disturbing is that the mother of this precious little girl had been acting differently when having to put medication in her "area" recently in stating that "this was her tickle spot". I am overwhelmed with concern and would be most appreciative for some answers from you, as a Professional. Thank you for your time.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2012, 08:53 PM
    First off... did you report this to the teachers and administration at that place? And if not why not?

Nov 12, 2012, 09:23 PM
    YES! Sir or Ma'am! The Aftercare Instructor saw it happen as well as my son. It was directly told to her mother who was actually in another classroom due her being a 1st year teacher at our school. She is absolutely devastated

Nov 12, 2012, 09:25 PM
    In knowing this

Nov 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
    This type of event can occur at this age. It disgusts me. She is filing a report with the Director of the school. What rhyme or reason would a child do such an act? This boy has no sisters only a younger brother. I am trying to find answers. Thank you again for your time in helping me understand how this can happen at this young age?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 09:31 PM
    Did the boy see/watch the mother apply medication on the girl's "tickle spot" and hear the mother say that? If not, how did he know about that?

Nov 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
    No ma'am. Her mother in her home has only applied this medication. I just don't know where a 6 year old boy would know to A. Touch a female there & B. Calling it her tickle spot? This is Well-Known Private School where something of this nature has NEVER happened. I just can grasp the thought of this happening at this age, how & why? My son had spent the evening wanting to know what happened? I would love to hear & see all feedback on this situation. I clearly don't think that I am overeacting. Thank you again for your time.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
    How did the boy know to call it that? That is a highly unique term for it. Or to what area was he referring? How did he even happen to refer to that area? What game were they playing? Apparently he has heard that term from an adult somewhere.

Be careful there isn't an overreaction here.

Nov 12, 2012, 09:50 PM
    He actually grabbed her vagina and called it "her tickle spot". My son was explicit in showing me how & what happened and then the repetitive questioning wanting to know what a girls tickle spit is? As I feel as I am raising my son in teaching him that he is to never allow anyone to EVER to touch his private parts. He also has been taught not to intrude on anyone without knocking first in going into a bedroom or bathroom. I have ZERO tolerance for ANYONE inappropriately touching a child, no matter what the age is!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha35 View Post
    I have ZERO tolerance for ANYONE inappropriately touching a child, no matter what the age is!!
    Yeah, I'd say pretty much any of us here feel the same way.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 09:57 PM
    I'm concerned about the amount of information being released at the school. We never release punishment information. We tell parents that it has been taken care of. Private school or not, I think Child Protective Services should investigate this, rather than the program director. The offender knows an awful lot for his age. Also, with his mother as an employee, it may be a conflict of interest.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
    And the boy is only six. Who knows what he is seeing or being told by an older child/teen/adult. Who knows what is being done to him to make him so knowledgeable. Yes, I agree with teacherjenn4 that CPS, not the school, would be a better and more confidential avenue for investigation of this.

Nov 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
    I do believe that is why she has yet to confront his mother, who ironically is a 1st year teacher herself, at a public school, constantly boasting as somewhat of a "Know-It-All since she has received her Masters in Early Childhood Education. So clearly yes it seems that it would be a conflict of interest. It still makes absolute no sense to me that a child at this age would do something so vulgar? How & why?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha35 View Post
    It still makes absolute no sense to me that a child at this age would do something so vulgar? How & why?
    Like I said earlier, who is teaching or showing him things? Is he being abused? This is not something six-year-old boys invent out of their own heads.

So the mother is not well liked?

Nov 12, 2012, 10:07 PM
    Thank you so much ladies. I truly do appreciate your opinions on this sensitive subject that has now laid before me. Goodnight -Sasha
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 10:11 PM
    I take it you are not happy with our comments, Sasha.

Nov 12, 2012, 10:13 PM
    The mother is liked by others but she has that "Im abive you" persona because of her educational background. I don't know her personally, other than having a few conversations at School events, I keep an arms length distance from people that I find offensive (in my opinion) But no she has not had any negative feedback, other than what I have stated.

Nov 12, 2012, 10:18 PM
    No! Wondergirl, I am so thankful for your insite & comments! You both both gave me a direction in helping her mother to follow a lead in the right direction. This type of situation does not happen where we live. I wanted to thank you both and say goodnight. Its late and I need to wake up early. Please feel free to share anymore advice, I just didn't want to offend you if I didn't reply. Goodnight again. Sasha
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 11:15 PM
    Please be careful. This situation needs to be handled in a professional manner. I have the feeling that the incident is already being talked about among the mothers and the little boy is being demonized, but perhaps he is being emotionally or even sexually manipulated by someone in his life.

Please let us know what develops.

Nov 13, 2012, 05:30 AM
    I will most definitely keep you posted. I assure you that this is something that will not become a topic of conversation amongst the mothers. At this point only the people that were involved know what has happened. Im not one to gossip, that is why I went online to find answers from complete strangers. Thank you again wondergirl. Enjoy your day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel something touching me in my sleep but there is no one there, what is this? [ 3 Answers ]

I feel something touching me in my sleep but there is no one there, what is this

Well Pipe PVC,120 or 80, male on female or male ends both sides [ 0 Answers ]

Looking to put a new well in at my sons house. Already over budget and doing most the work ourselves. Well is 400 ft deep and static in at 330. Question is: PVC or Poly but I already think Poly is out as it is only rated at 200 PSI and we are close to that with head pressure and 50LBS. So if PVC,...

Is it better to be male or female? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a guy, and I often wish I could be a girl. I think girls generally have a much easier life especially if they're pretty. Of course, there are many downsides to being female such as childbirth--which could even be considered an upside--but overall I think being female is much better. Any one...

Male or Female? [ 4 Answers ]

Male or Female? You might not have known this, but a lot of Non-living objects are actually either male or female. Here are some examples: FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.

View more questions Search