Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 07:23 PM
    honewell setup function
    ,I`ve never claimed to be a very smart Tech, but I think maybe I`ve helped a few people along the way.Now I`m looking for help. I have installed a new goodman 93% gas furnace and a 2 ton/13 seer heatpump in a small house . And am trying to install a Honeywell FocusPro TH5000 series /model number TH522OD tstat. It won`t let me set up all the setup functions needed . It skips setup function number (3=fan control)and number (5=stage 1 heatcycle rate). The bottom line is the furnace works fine ,the heatpump comes on and works fine. But the blower motor doesn`t come on with the heatpump. It works fine when furnace is operating. What/where am I going wrong with my setup?, thanks I hope you can help
    royboy74 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 09:12 PM
    I had this happen once if you put it in set up mode be sure you enter all the right #'s I think without instustions right her you press fan and top arrow for set up mode look at instructions to see what type you need 1 heat 1 cool etc. all else fails dail800-468-1502
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 04:03 AM
    Did you check your PM's?
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Did you check your PM's?
    Yep,, have been watching,, nothing there
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 06:01 AM
    ?? I have responded several times... I don't get it..? I found an installation manual for a TH5220D at customer.honeywell.com, and it appears that this thermostat isn't really intended for dual-fuel applications. It can manage gas OR heat pump systems, but doesn't have the necessary functions for what you are trying to apply it to. If set up for heat pump and the auxiliary (gas) is activated for supplement, the HP is going to croak in short order.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 08:03 AM
    OK,, thanks, KC13

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a Trane Weathertron tstat w/Honewell RTH3100C [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Trane Heatpump and the old "weathertron" thermostat had wires: Y G O x2 B W R T

Honewell furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The heat will kick on and not blow I know last time it was serviced they said the inducer was noisy.. is there a way I can get the fan to blow until I can get the money together? It is only 15 outside and I have a child.

The result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked to prove the result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function... prove that: 1- if f(X) inc & g(X) inc, foG inc 2-if F(X) inc & G(X) dec, foG dec 3- if F(X) dec & G(X) inc, fog dec 4- if f(X) dec & G(X) dec, fog inc please help me in that

Changing Maple chase to honewell thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Maple chase item 09620 and would like to replace it with the Honeywell RTH3100C. I am unsure how to wire it up since the Maple chase unit has a black wire into the W2 spot, and a jumper from W2 to E. The new unit does not have a W or W2.

Honewell RTH230B installation [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Honeywell Thermostat (RTH230B) to replace a Janitrol HPT 18-60. The Janitrol has 7 wires hooked to the back and the Honeywell only has 5 places for wires. Is my Honeywell compatible? Thanks

View more questions Search