Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwharper2k Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Hot Tub GFIC wiring
    I gave my son in law my 2 year Keys Backyard 220 volt hot tum with the gfi bax and all. I worked perfect buw we did not use. He got some electricion to put a standard double 60amp breaker in the panel and they ran the wire to the gft box and seemingly hooked it up with two ground from the tub to the gfi and then the red, black and white wire from thr gfi box to the circuit boards red, black and white ternimals. But when he throws thr gfi switch you hear a quiet trip sound from the circuit board and the gfi switch trips. We replaced the circuit board and the gif but get the same result. Any thoughts? We are not afraid of a freeze.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 08:45 PM

I have one thought right away, do not pay that electrician until he does his job right. He ran the wires and the breaker trips, problem is his not your son in laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a GFIC Plug, [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering how to hook up a GFIC plug, and tie in a Roll max wire to another outlet. I am hooking up a pump, so I need a GFIC plug, and ran the Rollmax through PVC, then need to hook in to the carport plugs for power.. Any help with pictures would be appreciated. Hipppy ...

Gfic receptacles [ 1 Answers ]

My electrician installed 1 gfic receptacle in my bathroom to cover 2 outlets and 2 gfic receptacles in my kitchen to cover 4 outlets. The person buying my coop doesn't believe that all these outlets are covered from what I had installed. Could you please explain how all the outlets are covered by...

240 volt GFIC Circuit for garage [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to put a 240 volt circuit into my garage but have limited breaker capacity left for slots. I think I would like to use a quad breaker to provide the 240 and two other 120 volt circuits for elsewhere in my house. Can I get a 240 volt GFIC outlet? Will it match with a 240 volt...

Gfic keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

Gfic keeps tripping ? The wiring sequence is from the box to the gfic to an oulet to a switch to light fixture #1 to light fixture # 2 using 12/2 with ground. Thanks jimk49

Question on proper use of GFIC breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I had some outdoor receptacles recently installed and would like to know if it is proper to put a GFIC breaker in the panel for this circuit and will it protect the receptacles from shorting instead of putting a GFIC receptacle in the circuit?

View more questions Search