Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rayachi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Us citizenship
    I have a friend who registred for vote, he will apply for citizenship in 2010 , is this a problem for him and who can he fix this problem , please help him to find a solution for that.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rayachi View Post
    i have a friend who registred for vote, he will apply for citizenship in 2010 , is this a problem for him and who can he fix this problem , please help him to find a solution for that.

He just doesn't vote and that's the end of it and the next time he makes sure he's a citizen before he applies for any benefits of citizenship.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 01:13 PM

Register to vote is restricted to US citizen only and this is one of the violations that can keep him out of US. Since damage has been done, when he applies for citizenship.. let the attorney handle this matter.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    Register to vote is restricted to US citizen only and this is one of the violations that can keep him out of US. Since damage has been done, when he applies for citizenship.. let the attorney handle this matter.

Would it be possible that Immigration will realize this or if he does nothing would it become sort of a dead issue?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 02:58 PM

All applications must be forwarded to FBI for background check, and this is one thing that is shown on the record. Even the applicant never votes but having his/her name registered is violation.

In this case, attorney can help.. but if he/she voted, it's a serious issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I gain citizenship in europe and renounce my citizenship in America [ 23 Answers ]

I have always wanted to move away from the U.S. but I want to do it permanently without the hassle of work visas and "checking in" every year or so. All the flights are very expensive as well. I was told by an acquaintance that I can even receive money for renouncing my citizenship! How do I go...

Getting citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

Hello . I`m legally in GREECE and working have been for 5 years can I apply for Greek citizenship. Thank you

Get citizenship? [ 1 Answers ]

What if the Green Card holder never got his citizenship after 38 years (he was brought here when he was 17) married a citizen in 1978 and his US wife passed away in 1990? (never remarried.) He was convicted of Domestic Violence (former girlfriend) (felony) 2003 and carries a gun. Is he...

View more questions Search