Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Malina Jeffries Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2016, 08:06 AM
    Numb tongue
    13 year old daughter has been complaining about numbness of the tongue followed by confusion lasting 20 minutes, it started as once in awhile, now it's more frequent. She takes elavil 20mg at night but this started before starting the medication. What could be the cause?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 30, 2016, 08:20 AM
    What did the doctor who prescribes the elavil advise? It could be many things and all must be checked by a doctor (Or dentist) to know for sure.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 30, 2016, 09:31 AM
    Why is your 13 year old taking Elavil?
    Malina Jeffries Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2016, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Why is your 13 year old taking Elavil?
    She has chronic pain from a (myxoid liposarcoma tumor removal last year, it's was on the back of her right thigh. She takes 20 mg at night

[QUOTE=Malina Jeffries;3771253]She has chronic pain from a (myxoid liposarcoma tumor removal last year, it's was on the back of her right thigh. She takes 20 mg at night[/QUOTE
    We have a appointment with her pediatrician, and. Neurologist
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2016, 02:46 AM
    Myxoid liposarcoma patients need routine follow up for life. Although metastasis rates are low, it is possible.
    She has 2 appointments. Hopefully sooner rather than later, so if later, call the office and ask for sooner.
    I personally think she needs to see an oncologist more than a neurologist, or in addition, but go by what her pediatrician says.
    I'm sure you've read plenty online, but here's a good site anyway.
    Liposarcoma Cancer: Diagnosis, Treatment, Support & Research

Another personal feeling: medical marijuana is so much better than any prescription drug. I won't even get into the theories about curing cancer!
    I get THC candies when I can for my pains of old age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean if your tongue goes numb all of a sudden? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been getting a numb feeling on my left side of the tongue a lot it comes and goes even at times all my toes seem to go dead like I have no feeling there but yet I can still walk fine. The muscles in my calves tighten sometimes when I wake up in the morning and its painfull. I went to the doc...

Numb tongue [ 0 Answers ]

After putting paper clip on my tongue it became numb what can I do

Numb tongue? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 47 year old female and frequently have a tingling sensation on the left side of my face, lips and tongue. This comes and goes through out the day and has been going on for the past couple of months. I do see the dentist regularly and am treated for high blood pressure. Any suggestions?

Numb tongue? [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes I wake from sleep and my tongue is numb for awhile

My tongue is numb! [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 34 year old women, and for the past 2 or 3 days my tongue has been really numb. I have no idea why and its not affecting anything like my taste or voice but I want to know why my tongue is numb and what causes it?

View more questions Search