Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dwight Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2004, 12:59 PM
    How to disconnect copper elbo from wall feed PVC
    I am installing a new water softener. If I could rotate the existing copper elbow feed, for old softener, it would make the new installation much neater. How can I rotate an elbow connected into PVC that has a clamp?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 10, 2004, 02:35 PM
    How to disconnect copper elbo from wall feed P
    Hi Dwight, If you have a neoprene coupling that's secured by hose clamps on the elbo and the PVC just loosen a hose clamp and rotate the fitting to where you need it and retighten the clamp. If I've misunderstood the question or you have some other kind of clamp click on back with more details. Cheers, Tom
    Dwight Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2004, 06:56 AM
    How to disconnect copper elbo from wall feed P
    Thanks Tom:
    The copper elbow is secured in the wall PVC by a spring clamp (probably not the right name) that has no tightening screw.
    I will need to remove the spring by clipping with side cutters, I think, rotate the elbow and add a screwdriver adjustable clamp over the PVC, if there is such a thing.
    Thanks
    Dwight
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 11, 2004, 07:01 AM
    Re: how to disconnect copper elbo from wall feed P
    Most of the spring clamps you can take a pair of pliers and compress the two tabs together to open up the clamp. Failing that just cut it out and go to a hard ware store and purchase a 3/4 or 1 inch hose clamp. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mapped drive disconnect after period of inactivity [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I have this annoying problem. Mapped drive disconnect after period of inactivity; such as an hour or over night. Windows XP: 4 Server: 1 Share folders are on the server and a single windows XP. This is what I have done so far. In command prompt: net config server /autodisconnect:-1

200 Amp Outside Service Disconnect [ 5 Answers ]

I NEED TO KNOW IF A "200 AMP OUTSIDE SERVICE DISCONNECT" IS THE SAME THING AS A "200 AMP OUTSIDE MAIN BREAKER OR LOAD CENTER"? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! HOME DEPOT WAS USELESS.:confused:

Want to auto disconnect AOL [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: I'm running XP and AOL9 w/ dial-up. Is there some way I can configure AOL to automatically disconnect? I've accidentally left my computer connected for hours and upon my return AOL is still running. I thought to use parental controls but this only works for 1 screen name at a time. I...

Hot Tub Disconnect [ 4 Answers ]

From reading past questions and responses, I got a fairly clear idea about how to wire the GFI panel between the distribution panel and hot tub. Thanks for the references that people posted! There is still one requirement, however, that still puzzles me. The NEC calls for a disconnect to be...

Copper pipe minimum depth in wall? [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy all, Is there a minimum depth that copper pipe must be installed within walls? In other words, minimum clearance between the pipe and the drywall? I know there is for electrical lines, so somebody hanging a picture doesn't drive the nail in and electrocute themselves. I have an...

View more questions Search