Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 03:47 PM
    The Artist in you!
    "Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his nature into his pictures."
    - Henry Ward Beecher

For all those who are creative in art-
    Be it painting in acrylics,oils,guache,crayons, pencils,pen,ink or charcoal.
    Or any other medium

We would love to see your art!

Disclaimer:It is upto each of you to protect your original works from being copied,please do take the neccessary steps to stop piracy of your work.
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 24, 2007, 04:12 PM
    [QUOTE=firmbeliever]"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his nature into his pictures."
    - Henry Ward Beecher

Hi Firm,

Well, I already posted some of my stuff to this site but I'll put it up here again, then go look for some new things. First four are paintings: 1) SAHARA - oils, 2) TRANSITION - acrylics , 3) "ZI" a painting done in oils of my daughter-in-law and my grandson - oils, 4) my HEROES painting doen in oils, 5) Beadwork, these are just a few of the dozen or so beaded portraits of the State stamps that are completed, I am doing all the states.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Thanks Chek,
    Love to see more of your work!

Sep 24, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Say Firm... here's a cool name for this folder, "Wherefore ART thou?" LOL!
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Here's a handmade card I did sometime back.
    Attached Images

nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Stick figures is probably the extent of my artistic abilities, but you guys have done some beautiful artwork!
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Thanks Erika.
    My card is all cut from paper and stuck on a card and some out lines in pen.
    Its not even finished well, but that's what I had on the PC at the moment.
    Even if it is stick figures, I would love to see them.

Chek, that's a good header for this thread!

Sep 24, 2007, 04:33 PM
    A few more beaded state stamps here. There are 24,000 beads in each one. I have some others and will post them here too. That third one is a beaded Woman of the desert. The fourth beaded image is a piece I am doing for my son and his new bride. I worked this pattern up from a photo I took on their wedding day. When it is finished it will contain 47,000 beads. The photo makes the piece look small but that's misleading, because it really is a large work. Those tiny black things next to it, bottom right, are the beads not yet threaded on the needle.
    Attached Images

Sep 24, 2007, 04:43 PM
    That card is so cool!! I like the clean lines and the colors top it off nicely. I bought a ton of special paper to make cards with. I love cards... I have tons saved.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Proud is very talented in the art department but how can you guarantee that nothing will be copied?

Anyway, Hopefully one day she will actually get her art and talent looked at.

Excellent art so far on this thread. For myself I enjoy drawing buildings and making art with my food. Lol

Joe
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:55 PM
    You guys should edit your photos with your name or a distinguishing mark, so people know it belongs to you and can't steal it.

Sep 24, 2007, 05:00 PM
    [QUOTE=firmbeliever

Ok, here are some of the things I've built. All are life-size.

Photo 1) Turn of the century Double-suspension brougham (horse-drawn carriage)

Photo 2) The drawing I worked from to build it. Got the drawing from the library.

Photo 3) This is a replica of the 1857 Bronze Napoleon 12-pdr (Civil War Cannon)
    Attached Images

METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Those are some wonderful pictures. I've never done anything like that, but I wish I could.
    I'd post a picture or two of my few water color paintings, but as I mentioned I gave them away as gifts so I don't have them with me. I do have one or two. I'll take a picture of one which is drawn in pencil, and has water color border. I know, it's not the best art but I try.
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 24, 2007, 10:09 PM

Oops I had posted it on the other post. But here it is again. The real thing is more vibrant in color but my cell phone blurred it a little. So as I was saying, I drew the face with a regular pencil and painted the border in water colors.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 24, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Once I put a mark or something on the photos ill post mine up, if you guys would like to see them... im not very good though.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    once i put a mark or something on the photos ill post mine up, if u guys wud like to see em.....im not very good tho.
    I would love to see them! :)

Sep 24, 2007, 11:16 PM
    Aaww I hope you guys like them, well until then here's one of them
    <<<<<< my dp :) did it with square pastels
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2007, 12:25 AM
    You are saying that you created your avatar, cal?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2007, 12:27 AM
    [QUOTE=chek101][QUOTE=firmbeliever

Ok, here are some of the things I've built. All are life-size.

photo 1) Turn of the century Double-suspension brougham (horse-drawn carriage)

photo 2) The drawing I worked from to build it. Got the drawing from the library.

photo 3) This is a replica of the 1857 Bronze Napoleon 12-pdr (Civil War Cannon)[/QUOTE]

What did you use to make the cannon, please?

Sep 25, 2007, 03:21 AM
    Yep I created my own avi :) hehe
    The pic was part of a pair of pics same size, the other one is a chick with pink/red hair :) lolz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search