Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    immagic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Bowling game
    Hi.. im 77 years old.. been bowling for many years.. ive developed arthritus in my knuckles near the ends of my fingers... I went down to an 11 lb ball... that helped... the lanes around here are pretty dry... I tried a conventional grip.. didnt help... then I tried a plane urethane ball.. wouldnt carry... tried the brunswick groove dry... didnt carry... someone suggested go to a shorter span.. then in 11 lb ball try a better ball that will go long and won't hook too much... the brunswick avalanche pearl.. the amf angle pearl.. or some of the brunswick groove balls or scout reactives... do you have any suggestions... please let me know.. thanks... immagic
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 02:04 AM

Hi, immagic!

I'm not sure of a direct answer for your question, and perhaps someone will come along who has one, but if you click on links that you'll find via clicking on the following searches, it's possible that you might find some information on the sites there that will be helpful to you.

Bowling Balls for Arthritis in Fingers - Google Search

Bowling Balls for Arthritis in Fingers Knuckles - Google Search

I wish you all the best!

Thanks!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Hi IMMAGIC

The main problem you have with the hitting power is that the ball is too light. There is too much deflection. As the weight of the ball increases the deflection decreases. Your local pro at the lanes should be able to help you with the right weight and grip.

Good luck
    creahands
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 12:25 PM

How soft is the ball?
    Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ping-pong or bowling.and momentum and jazz [ 5 Answers ]

a ping-pong ball and a bowling ball have equal momentum. They are stopped with the same force, in the same amount of time. Which goes further while being stopped? (distance) I want to say they are equal but am I right?:confused: the equations Vf^2=Vi^2+2ad and m=mv=Ft might help? Hope so, I don't...

Bowling and Bacci Ball [ 1 Answers ]

Are these sports related? Does anyone know enough about both sports to explain the similarities/differences?

Many Games of Bowling [ 1 Answers ]

Some years back, while in Germany, I witnessed different games of bowling. Can anyone explain some of these different games?

View more questions Search