Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gskeyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Deduction for auto registration fee
    The state of TN includes a "wheel tax" as part of auto registration fees. Is this portion deductible on federal tax returns?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Only if the amount assessed is related to the value of the vehicle.

In other words, if everyone pays a $35 wheel tax, regardless of the value of the vehicle then it is not deductible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car registration fee tax deductible? [ 4 Answers ]

Is the car reg. I paid tax deductible?

ITIN and Tution & Fee Deduction [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am student on F1 visa. I qualify as a resident for federal tax purposes (I have spent 6 years in US on the F1 visa). I got married last year and I need to apply for an ITIN number for my wife. I have two questions : 1) I understand that I need to fill in W-7 and send it with 1040 and...

Tax Deduction/Credit for wife's tuition fee on H-4 visa. [ 10 Answers ]

I am currently working in US on H1 visa. My wife (on H-4 visa) is enrolled at a university and is pursuing graduate studies. Can I claim Lifetime Learning Credit or tuition fee deduction for the fee that I paid last year? Also, do I need form 1098-T from the university to do that? My wife...

Auto registration [ 5 Answers ]

I have a sticky situation. I am in Virginia. Grandmother has a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Her 57 yo son has posession of the truck he will not title it in his name because he has people after him for leins (unaid taxes) he has no insurance on the truck registration is due next month and I...

Legal Fee tax deduction [ 1 Answers ]

I went through a divorce in 2005. I spent about $10,000. The process covered everything from estate, tax issues, custody, and child support. What if any portion of this could be tax deductible?

View more questions Search