Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JonLR92 Posts: 81, Reputation: -2

Sep 9, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Should I do it or wait?
    OK, there is this girl from church, and we just recently started talking and stuff, not privatley but with her sister and cousins and stuff. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life and I absolutely adore her. OK she doesn't know that part, yet. See we've only been talking for like 2 days now, yeah like , but when we talk she looks right in my eyes and her eyes are so mmmm, I can't even describe it. The other day she heard me singing to myself and she wanted me to sing for her, but I said I would do it another time. So here's is my plan, Tuesday, or Thursday, or Friday, I was going to grab her and tell her I was going to sing the song I owed her, but by ourselves. The song I was going to sing is a love song, like love at first sight and that kind of thing, its in spanish. But I just realized I just barely started talking with her and I don't want to ruin our friendship. PLUS her cousin who is 12 likes me and its kind of weird that she's so young, but the girl I like is turning 13 in a month. I'm 15. This is very confusing I know. But the girl I like, you would never guess she is 13, I mean she looks 15 really. OK so what I basically asking is should I wait longer to ask her out? And what should I do about her cousin? I don't want to mess anything up you know.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 06:39 PM
    She is 13? I would think that is too young to be going out with a boy anyway. You're 15, leave those 12/13 year old girls alone.

Sep 9, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Barely 15... I was thinking about the age, but if I walked around the high school with her no one would know she's 13, they would be like who's the new girl? Does that count for anything? I mean, she rocks it like that.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 06:47 PM
    I don't care if she looks 20. She is too young for you. She is not old enough to be dating and you know it. Leave the girl alone.

Sep 9, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Thanks anyway
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Sep 9, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Age is only a number age is not an issue. If you have feelings for this girl don't throw them away
    Although id wait a little longer just talk more get to know each other first
    And when you know she feels the same sing her that song you owe her .
    Good luck
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 07:45 PM
    I don't think that you should ask her out like on a date. But I don't see anything wrong with you having a party and having a few kids over and include her is the list. Have your parents be there to chaperone the party, keep every thing on the friend level.
    You might also ask your mother if someday she will drive you and th girl to the movies if she will go with you. If she says yes then discuss it with her and her family to see if it is OK.
    Dating at your and her age is not the thing to be doing.
    OH and about her cousin, invite her to your party also, she will soon learn that it is not her that you are interested in.
    coolbrezzeb Posts: 74, Reputation: 1
    -

Sep 9, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    I don't think that you should ask her out like on a date. But I don't see anything wrong with you having a party and having a few kids over and include her is the list. Have your parents be there to chaperone the party, keep every thing on the friend level.
    You might also ask your mother if someday she will drive you and th girl to the movies if she will go with you. If she says yes then discuss it with her and her family to see if it is OK.
    Dating at your and her age is not the thing to be doing.
    OH and about her cousin, invite her to your party also, she will soon learn that it is not her that you are interested in.
    Agrees- that is a good idea a supervised party sounds good
    -

Sep 9, 2007, 08:41 PM
    She is to little to be dating I agree with these guys stay on da friends level get to know each other a lot more. I wouldn't care if you were 25 and she was 18 or if you were 19 and she was 17. Its just that she is barely a teenager man and you are in da middle of teenagercy. You should give her a couple years that's too yung.
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Sep 9, 2007, 11:09 PM
    She is 13 not 12 its only 2 years difference!!
    Hell my ex is 18 and dating a 33 year old that 15 years difference what do you make of that!!
    Two years is nothing compared to that. If you really like someone age does not matter
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Just be friends with her. Don't go singing any love songs or anything like that. Just talk to her and have fun like kids do. Im now 24 and when I was 13 kids strted asking other kids out and stuff like that. It wasn't serious but its just what kids do. Its part of growing up. In your instance though I wouldn't pursue her too hard.

If you two continue to get along and have fun when your together perhaps you can ask your parents if she can come around one day, along with other friends and you guys can all hang out together. Pretty much what letmetellu suggested.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Sep 9, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Age does matter when the kid is 12 You should say age gap does not matter. Dating when 12 give me a break!!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Are you talking to me Mackenzie? I didn't say age doesn't matter.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 06:25 AM
    She is not quite 13 and she is too young to be dating anyway. He is 15. She is too young for him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Don't 13 year olds have to have the consent of the parents to date?? For that matter don't 15 year olds?? Legal or not, no 15 year old boy comes sniffing around my 12/13 year old daughter. Friends are fine, caparoned parties are okay, dating?? No!
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Jon, what do you want to do with her while you guys are dating?

Sep 10, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Haha you guys, I did mention the word church right, I'm not going to rape her or something, and I'm not after for like sex or something that's totally messed up. On paper this seems really bad, but in reality it's a different story. I'm pretty sure she's gone out with 15 year olds before, because she is way to mature for her age I mean wayy to mature. Oh she's 13 in three days. I'm sure if you knew me and her personally you'd be like yeah go for it. Which is the feedback I'm getting from my friends(from church). I mean I know what I'm doing, I think she's knows what's she's doing more then I do. Oh and before I was going to ask her ou I was going to ask her do you think your to young or I'm to old for us to happen. Which is a dum question because I know the answer. Thanks anyway guys for discussing this.
    -

Sep 10, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1989
    she is 13 not 12 its only 2 years difference!!!
    Hell my ex is 18 and dating a 33 year old that 15 years difference what do you make of that !!!
    two years is nothing compared to that. if you really like someone age does not matter
    Hers a qoute 18 yr old being with a 33 yr old it doesn't matter they adults a 13 yr old and a 15 yr old I wouldn't touch that ill be to scared to lol
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 11, 2007, 06:18 AM
    JonLR, You've told us what your friends say, what do her parents say? Will she have to sneak around, and lie to her parents to be with you? I know you sound like such a good guy, but as a father I would be very reluctant to have my 12/13 tear old being around you, as honorable as you seem, so do you talk to the parents about this? Just curious. What if they object, as I do?

Sep 11, 2007, 12:11 PM
    I talk to her parents almost every day. Her parents love the heck out of me. Everyone does, I'm the drummer at the church, I talk to everyone, I know everyone and vice-versa. Heck some people go to me and say "hey jonathan!" and I don't even know their names. Plus being the pastors grandson= automatic respect. So if anything her parents would be happy because she'd be going out with me rather then some smuck from school that doesn't go to church and he does whatever he wants, not saying everyone is like that but you know. Honestly I didn't expect all this, the age, parents, I just wanted to know if should wait to ask her out, or just do it next chance I get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I wait? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know something here if a man that says he loves you and wants to marry you says after 4years let don't see each other what do you and he said wait a year he will be back do wait or give up need help

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

Should I wait? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't seem to get the right bit of advice. Someone help me out here! For the first 10 months of our relationship, my girlfriend and I spent nearly every second together, with only a handful of little picky fights. Nothing big though. I realize that this was a mistake because we had only been...

Should I wait? [ 9 Answers ]

Well see. There is this girl, Sarah. She beautiful and kind and gorgeous. I recently started to have feelings for her. I mean I've asked her "What would you say if i asked you out" before she did say yes. But that was a whole year ago. She likes this guy named Brad. Who is a real jerk to me but...

View more questions Search