Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SLD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2004, 03:42 PM
    Maple trees:
    We live in OK. And just recently moved and the home we bought has maple trees, variety I am unsure of. This whole housing addition is full of maple trees. Our problem is we are elderly and thought when we left the oak trees behind we would not be cleaning gutters & raking the yard constantly.
    My question is: Can you prune back or use something on the trees to make them sterile where they won't produce the little red looking berrie, which I am assuming is the bloom & then the whirly things follow filling up the gutters. We need help with this.
    Any suggestions? We do not want to remove the trees altogether, just get them less messy.

SLD in OK.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2004, 04:56 PM
    Re: Maple trees:
    You can buy stuff to keep apple trees from having apples. It might work on maples too. Dig back through this category. I think a month ago, I suggested checking for something, and the person later posted the name of it. Maybe even do a search on apple.

There are some very effective gutter guards too. Gutter Helmet really does work. There are some arched expanded metal guards that work fairly well and are much cheaper.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 1, 2004, 07:58 AM
    Maple trees:
    I came across this myself, and thought I would give it to you.

http://www.montereylawngarden.com/info/florel.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peach Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I live in western Colorado and have a small 40 tree orchard. I have two standard Elberta peach trees that are 16 years old and I am going to pull. I want to replace them with a peach tree that ripens about the same time or a little later, but has good color. The Elberta ripens here about the...

Transplanting trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Norway (Ithink) maple that is about four years old and about 15-20 ft. tall. I would like to move it about 50 feet. Can I? How

Trees in lawn [ 2 Answers ]

"In my area of michigan spring time bring about an avalanche of those twirling tree seeds that fall everywhere. I just put in a new lawn from seed and the tree seeds fell in the yard as well. Naturally I could not rake them out without disturbing the new seed. Now I have tiny tree saplings growing...

Red Maple Trees [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question, My question is How long are the Maple Tree's Roots? How wide are they? Also how big do they get? Thanks Sa1122

Radically Pruning Multi-Stem Maple Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have 32 multi-stem maple trees that are a nightmare to keep trimmed. They were originally planted as a hedge between this property and two others. They were already 10+ feet tall when I bought this house and each year, I struggle to keep them at that height. I even bought a Komatsu RedMAx long...

View more questions Search