Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    James1957 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Lucien Bessonnat
    I have an etching that is called Old House In Piccardie France. It is from the Paris etching Society and numbered #6. Is it worth anything.. It was a gift from my grandmother years ago.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 01:24 AM
    You may have already seen the information that is available on this site concerning the Paris Etching Society. But, in case you haven't, here is the link. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...ad-155531.html
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 01:30 AM
    If it looks like the one that is on the following link, then it's possible that it might be worth quite a bit of money. Google Image Result for http://www.atlantaantiquegallery.com/images/cat/EtchingAndAquatintOldHousesInPicarbieFranceLucienB ressant1367054316t.jpg

But, please remember that what something is really worth monetarily, does depend on what someone is willing to pay for it. Also, I don't know all of the details as to why that etching is priced as it is.
    James1957 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Thanks Clough for responding to my question...
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 02:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by James1957
    Thanks Clough for responding to my question......
    No problem! My pleasure! Does yours look like the one in the link that I provided?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lucien Bessonnat- Paris Etching Society [ 2 Answers ]

I have an etching by Lucien Bessonnat entitled "Old houses in Piccardie France" It has been in my family for a very long time. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this artist. It is a fairly large etching, approx 2 1/2' by 3'. Does anyone know where I could search to find the value of this?...

View more questions Search