Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natashap25 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2018, 06:44 AM
    Going through a tough phase.
    I am 21 years old, I recently graduated and started a new job in a completely new city, I am dealing with PTSD (triggered by painful memories when I come back home to visit my family), social anxiety and GAD (which I have had since I was 16), on top of this I am going through my first breakup (only been 2months), and I am tearful , feel like I have no friends. I feel like everything is going wrong and I worry too much about my family members and their health and wellbeing. Is this just a phase? How can I stop revisiting past memories and move on and make new friends and be happier? I am seeking professional help and going to the gym and yet it is very difficult to remain optimistic.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2018, 06:47 AM
    Very sorry to hear you are having to endure this. As an old veteran of battles with depression and anxiety, I can tell you that there is every reason to remain optimistic. Do not give up.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 28, 2018, 07:46 AM
    I’m not sure if you’re in the U.S. but if you are, have you tried joining a networking group? People with varied occupations meet regularly, and introduce themselves. Then, if you need an accountant, you may call someone from your group. It’s a great way to meet people, and your expertise can help others. Also, find a volunteer opportunity that interests you. You’ll meet people and feel good knowing you’re helping others.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2018, 10:16 AM
    You will be okay as you get through this rough patch. Why did you and your boyfriend break up? Who dumped who? it's always hard to stay optimistic when a relationship ends. I just cry until I get tired of crying.

Hey guys can cry! So cry if you want. It's okay for girls too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Show wiring diagram on how to wire 3 phase to single phase heat strips [ 0 Answers ]

Show wiring diagram on how to wire 3 phase to single phase heat strips

Single phase phase separation for rotary phase converter [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 240V Roto-Phase converter (ARCO Electric model M) in my shop installed by an electrician. A wire came loose last week and while debugging that I started thinking about the way it was wired and confused myself. My understanding of 3 phase power is that each leg is 120 degrees out of phase...

Tough, Tough, Sport. Respect Is Due [ 2 Answers ]

This sport is very tough. I have always had much respect for triathletes. I would love to discuss the sport further with the athletes themselves.

Single phase vs. 3 phase power - what makes 3 phase more efficient? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is it that makes 3 phase power more efficient? Suppose I need an air compressor for a printing shop and I can choose between a 7.5HP single phase and a 7.5HP 3 phase. Ignoring that the cost of the motor is a little less for 3 phase, why is the motor more efficient and how does...

View more questions Search