Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itakakanaru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2014, 01:18 PM
    Will I lose weight if I do the following?
    Hi, I'm a 15 year old girl, I weigh 136 pounds and I'm 5'4, my BMi is 21-22 . I know, I'm not even close to being overweight, but I want to lose 5-10 pounds, nothing big really.
    Anyway, will I lose weight I leave about 20% of food during each main meal, eat lots of veggies and fruits, stop eating all kinds of sweets, sodas , candy and anything with lots of sugar, never eat junk food, and walk 4-5 days a week for about 1-3 hours? :)

Also, I'm not on any kind of diet or anything and I've been doing this for a week:)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 17, 2014, 01:23 PM
    Yes, but you'd be better off talking to a professional nutritionist.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 17, 2014, 02:54 PM
    Everything you said except for the very first one. You need those healthy meals 3 times a day. If they include potatoes, pasta, or bread, cut those down about 50%, but keep rice (no Minute rice).
    Walking is of course good, but speeding up your heart/pulse is how you really burn calories. Speed walking looks funny, but try it. Carry small weights in each hand.
    How about neighborhood jobs walking dogs?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 17, 2014, 03:10 PM
    The other thing you need to consider is that you will be exercising which can cause a little muscle mass to build up. This might cover some of the weight loss in the beginning. Cutting out the simple sugars like you had mentioned is a good thing. Just doing a straight 20% drop in portion size won't do anything and could put your body in a starvation mode. Which will cause you to gain weight. Keep a healthy diet and ramp up your exercise. It might take a few weeks to see any weight off, but you will notice some fat disappear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 18, 2014, 01:41 AM
    Healthy eating is important at your age. The issue is you are growing and have to have proper food. If you do not eat proper it can cause growth issues.

If you are not over weight, you need to just control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am 16 and I am over weight I weight 216 pounds what can I do to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 and I weigh 216 pounds I want to lose weight I cut down on my junk food and on my sodas and juices I exercise about once a week because I am to busy doing homework but it seems not to work I can't lose weight even if I cut down on all my junk food I need help I want to lose a least 60...

How much good fats can I eat a day in order to keep my weight or lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost 4kg with a 21 day sugar/carb free diet to break my sugar addiction. After that I've kept really healthy and off sugar and carbs but sometimes I get so hungry like today, I ate 250gr of nuts which have 1200 kcal plus 5 tablespoons full of coconut oil plus 1 1/2 avocados, eggs, chicken and...

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Lose weight. [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lose weight. I'm about 5 foot 6 inches and weigh about 122. I would like to see me weigh between 110 and 115. How can I do this in 2 - 3 weeks?

View more questions Search