Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carl17 Posts: 66, Reputation: 9

Jun 9, 2010, 07:53 PM
    Share your philosophy on the meaning of life.
    Hello AMHD.
    I think that it would be interesting to see what people think about the meaning of life. I think that the meaning of life is to do what makes you happy while making others happy along the way as well, and doing your best to be a good person. Also to make it more interesting please state why you think you have this philosophy.

Thanks for sharing!
    Txmanzilla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 08:00 PM

Great outlook!

I would have to say the meaning of life FOR me is FAMILY,LOVE,FRIENDS,MONEY!
    Hone Heke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 08:47 AM

"Vanity of vanities, all is vanity" - So saith the King, the teacher in Jerusalum. There is no meaning, hence people strive to make their own. Always looking for something to define them; perhaps "capitalist" or "communist" or "christian" or "buddhist". You can never "be" these things, there is always more to you. Such is the lot of human existence, we are like Sisyphus. There is NO meaning to life, it is absurd, and I love it!!
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 16, 2010, 05:36 AM

Learn lifes lessons, be true to yourself, have integrity, honesty, and compassion towards others who may be less fortunate. Guide our children into a positive mode of thinking. Help never hinder, Live Love , Make a Difference. Be the best person you can possibly be in a non materialistic, non judgemental, non controlling, manner, whilst living your life to the Max...
    Trapped_at_15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 12:28 AM
    Life is just people striving to get the best out of it we all try to do things thAt we think will shape our life into the way we imagine it to be, but in the real world only some get the perfect life. So my philosophy is that life is like the lottery we all try to play the game we all just hope for the best but in the end only few very lucky people actully get the prize,shur maybe some get a smaller prize but soon it's forgotten.
    QuestionReality Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2010, 07:47 PM

I agree with your meaning. I feel that continuously sending out a positive perspective will create a positive domino affect, the more good things that happen to people the more likely they will be to do something good. I also believe that keeping a positive perspective of the people around even though they are not sending any positive energy your way will help to. I tend to believe that they are insecure and need to make people around them feel worse then them so that they can feel better about themselves, this is a typical bullies state of mind. I also think that being healthy and making sure that our world is healthy would be part of our purpose as well, kind of like the guardians of earth as well as ourselves.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2010, 12:04 AM
    Hi, Carl17!

Would you please define what you mean by "good" and "happy"?

Those two words can mean entirely different things to a lot of different people.

For me, for life to have meaning, there needs to be a purpose. My purpose in life is to honor and glorify God according to the way that I understand God to be. If I'm successful in using what God has given me to use for the benefit of others as well as myself according to what I understand is the plan of God, then I believe that my life has and will have a meaning to it.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2010, 09:57 PM
    Originally posted by bleusong52

Wonderful answer!
    Well, thank you very much, bleusong52! I appreciate that very much! :)
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 05:43 AM

I believe the meaning of life is doing what you need to do to give life meaning .

You should try to learn what things are really important and what things are not.
    All your childhood you are told what you should feel is important . And get definitions of right and wrong from all around you.
    Many of them you discover to be flawed, nonsensical rhetoric to influence your thoughts and behavior enough not to question "authority" Just do it. And don't think about the results.

I think it is an obligation to question everything, learn all you can about everything you can. And do what is right for you .

That gives life meaning
    .Knowledge is power. The more you know, the better will be the ability to determine how to live a life with meaning.

Too much time and energy is drawn away from the real questions of life by Religions and government s
    , all claiming to have the answers so you need only ask them . They know what is right for us better than we do. If you believe them .

From my studies into the various religions , I conclude that they all teach basically the same thing , even using the same stories and characters. Yet they assure you they are right and all the others wrong.
    And a terrible fate awaits anyone that does not believe them.

If you seek God, you will find him. You need no religion to find God.
    The core of the teachings of all the major religions, all say
    , "Be decent and helpful towards each other."
    The golden rule is to do to others what you would have done to you.

If truly followed ,eliminates the need for Government, and Religion.

Then we could take all the money spent on all the military and feed , clothe and educate every living being on the planet not missing a single one.

And have enough left explore the oceans, inner space and outer space

That would give life meaning to me.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 1, 2010, 06:59 AM

Making every second count in this school of life
    where when one lesson is learned the next is presented,
    there are no mistakes or failures Only Lessons..

Also knowing the we live for eternity via our children who take a part of us where ever they go, and then their own children repeat this and so it goes on. With every generation the generation before lives forever in this way. Eternal life happens to us all, or most ...

Revelling in our Planets beautiful landscape and wondrous scenery, the amazing mix of colours and sights to behold in the beauty of Earth.

Enjoying this truly amazing gift we were given at our conception...
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 01:08 AM
    Hi again, Carl17!

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question, if you would be so kind as to provide an answer, please?

Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 08:19 AM

Hello C:

Meaning of life?? To who?? You think somebody is judging?? Who do you have to please other than yourself?

Me? I don't think life MEANS anything. Oh, I think there's a PURPOSE for us to be here, and that's to propagate. But, there's no meaning in that, any more than there is meaning when trees propagate.

excon
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2010, 10:58 AM
    Life is for living. That's it!

Everything else is a bonus to be enjoyed and shared.
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Aug 31, 2010, 09:15 PM

The only thing that separates us from the animal kingdoms is our ability to be self-aware. Our purpose (human purpose) is to question why we are hear and our relationship with a higher power.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Life is for living every possible experience that you can, gaining knowledge from that experience, whether it be good or bad and learning from it.

Life is a learning curve, for things to come after... otherwise what would be the point.
    harmonybox Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2010, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan View Post
    Life is for living every possible experience that you can, gaining knowledge from that experience, wether it be good or bad and learning from it.

Life is a learning curve, for things to come after.....otherwise what would be the point.
    I agree completely, Orphan. Additionally, I would add that life expands and retracts and is constantly changing, and so it is only natural to accept everything and not reject what makes us feel uncomfortable.

If we control ever aspect of our life we limit ourselves. It doesn't mean let go of the oars in the middle of a raging river, but learn to navigate it well and your much more likely to have a enjoyable journey despite what happens along the way. (imho)
    ryanryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 02:03 AM
    I feel that the meaning of my life is to be truly good, (make people happy, be kind to everyone, have no hidden bad intentions with people, take all the negativity everybody gives me and not be influenced by it at all and not to react in a negative way to it.. i.e if somebody ignores me on purpose for no reason or if somebody isn't "good" to me for some reason that my intentions didn't influence, I isn't going to name EVERY deed I think is good but you get my idea I hope) after I can make this my personality and learn to be totally confident with it... then I can die... whatever age I am, young or old. I will feel full and happy with all the good deeds I did in my life so then can truly let go and die being proud of myself. I've been thinking about this recently and all I need to do now is to tweek a few more things to do with my reactions to bad interactions and thoughts then learn to be confident with myself. :) I forgot to add that I have to accomplish one of my hobbies to a decent enough level. i.e. produce a track I am truly happy with

So I guess the meaning of my life is to become free from negativity and to free my soul. To be truly happy

josephdsmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
    My philosophy is what I call Expiritualism, which means that all experiences are made by choice. Your experiences are your choice, and yours alone! I believe this from personal experience. No pun intended, but funny no-less.

If you know in your heart what you want, but you choose to ignore it, then you make your own failed-experience. If you choose to think that life is unfair, then you create unfair experiences. It is easier to change an experience, than it is to change a belief!
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 29, 2012, 12:08 PM
    I believe the meaning of life is to pass it on. I know, some people are not able to. But they can aid or influence others to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the meaning of ''HILALA''? And how does it impact in our life? [ 2 Answers ]

Dears Some time back, I heard an arabic word ''Hilala'' and also some discussion on it. I just need to know that what is the meaning of ''Hilala''? Is there any concept of Hilala in our religion Islam? And how does it impact in our life?

What meaning does the number 2 have in my life? It's everywhere. [ 6 Answers ]

My house number is 222. Every time I look at the clock it is either 2:22 or 22:22, and this isn't just every now and then.. it's nearly all the time like it's being shoved in my face. I went through the McDonalds drive through one day, and on the paper take away packaging was written 222. For no...

What is the meaning of life? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I know this is a common question in life. But I am interested to hear your viewpoint. Why are we here?

View more questions Search