Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superkupos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 10:24 PM
    Looking for a late 80's/early 90's cartoon children's movie...
    I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods who lived in a tree, I think? The old woman mouse gave her some medicine but told the other mice they had to go find... something, medicine, maybe to cure her, and so they set off. Somewhere in the movie, later on in the middle, maybe, humans came in the forest and started gassing the place with poison gas and the fattest mouse couldn't run fast enough and got captured. In the end they built an airship out of a walnut, and maybe leaves for propellers, I believe, and... sailed away? Please. Please remember. Someone. And no, it is not The Rats of NIMH.
    superkupos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 10:39 PM
    Never mind, I do believe it was Once Upon A Forest... can anyone confirm/deny this?
    Heidi12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
    I haven't seen once upon a forest in about three years but from what I recall that is what it's called
    Jesikab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superkupos
    I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods who lived in a tree, I think? The old woman mouse gave her some medicine but told the other mice they had to go find...something, medicine, maybe to cure her, and so they set off. Somewhere in the movie, later on in the middle, maybe, humans came in the forest and started gassing the place with poison gas and the fattest mouse couldn't run fast enough and got captured. In the end they built an airship out of a walnut, and maybe leaves for propellers, I believe, and....sailed away? Please. Please remember. Someone. And no, it is not The Rats of NIMH.
    Was it "the secret of nimh" her son gets ill and she sets out to help with a mole I think that might be the one you are looking for
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

May 1, 2007, 09:17 PM
    It sounds like the sequal to "The secret of NIMH" but based on the walnut shell and leaf propeller helicopter it is most definitely "Once Upon a Forest" the plot line goes like this...

Some forest animals (a hedhog, a badger, a mouse and a mole) are at school when a broken glass bottle that some idiot threw onto the road caused a tanker truck containing poisonous gas to blow a tire and roll off the road, leaking the poisonous gas and killing the badgers parents. The little badger goes into her house to find her parents and becomes very ill. The kids take her back to the school teacher (also a badger) and he realizes he is out of the medicine that will cure her. He tells the kids that they must travel far away to find the special plant and they set off facing many challenges along the way. When they find it they make a flying machine to escape from some danger (I don't remember what, haven't seen the movie in like 8 years) but they get back in time to save the little badger.

Congrats on finding the answer yourself. Hope my synopsis jogged your memory a bit.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

May 1, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesikab
    was it "the secret of nimh" her son gets ill and she sets out to help with a mole i think that might be the one you are lookin for
    Actually the one where her son gets sick is "The Secret of NIMH 2: Timmy to the Rescue" (1998)
    spamicka Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi12
    i haven't seen once upon a forest in about three years but from what i recall that is what it's called
    Once upon a forest is the one your looking for because they needed to find the root to go with the medicine to help their families.
    putznme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spamicka
    once upon a forest is the one your looking for because they needed to find the root to go with the medicine to help their families.

It is definatly Once upon a forest. I remember it too-we used to own it.:D Same description. One character was a mouse, one a hedgehog I think, a badger. In the movie there is a scene where a car on the road throws a glass bottle out of the car window and the next vehicle after them is some kind of tanker truck with poisen gas; the truck blows one of its tires from the glass bottle and hits the ditch where the truck emidiatley starts emitting the gas and the gas gets to where the animals live. Then the young ones all go to save their young friend Michelle who is now in a coma because of gas. The only way to save her is with the use of rare medical herbs, but all the plants in the area have been wiped out. This sets the stage for an adventurous and dangerous quest to save the young "furling" before its too late.
    Monkey8908 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 01:35 PM
    The movie is called Once Upon a Forest - It was my absolute favorite movie when I was younger!:)
    BrucieButton Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2010, 02:51 PM

Once upon a forest, not the nihm one.
    oklahomamarker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 11:36 PM
    It's Once Upon A Forest...
    tazah Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2011, 08:34 AM
    The secret of Nimh? It was about mice and her child was ill so she went to the rats for help and the farmer was cutting the crops or something so she had to move her house or get her son better before the tractor started working again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A really obscure/random children's movie from the late 80's early 90's [ 3 Answers ]

All right, I don't remember much from it, but it has been bothering me for a long time... so if anyone could help me out I will love you forever. The movie has a bad guy who I don't really remember, but his minions are dark and shadowy and might make mechanical noises when they move. There is a...

Late 80's early 90's TV show [ 16 Answers ]

Trying to remember the name of a TV show from the late 80's or early 90's about a guy who fought crime in a black robotic looking suit... not batman... live action... drove a modified motorcycle. He had an African American buddy who whore classic sunglasses that flipped up... That's all I...

Late 80's early 90's children's movie about penguins [ 8 Answers ]

OK I'm about to be 19 and the movie I'm looking for I ALWAYS watched when I was younger. It was about two baby penguins there was a blue one and a pink one and they get captured and put on a ship (I think it was winter). They are trying to escape from the ship and they hide behind a bunch of...

Late 80's early 90's Saturday morning TV show [ 7 Answers ]

I believe this show is from the late 80's or early 90's. It is about a father and daughter who found a "portal" to a prehistoric land. It aired on Saturday mornings. Any ideas ?

Kids movie from late 80's early 90's I think [ 11 Answers ]

There was a movie that I watched once when I was younger about a young girl who had dolls that came to life and they lived in a land that she could go to if she stepped through her mirror. I know it is not Alice and Wonderland. This movie was about the girl's grandma was getting older and she...

View more questions Search