Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auflowers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Whirlpool Tub Won't Spin (includes model number)
    I have a Whirlpool Model #LXR7144EQ2. Appears to be a direct drive washer. It drains fine but will not spin when it gets to the cycle. I looked under the machine while it was trying to spin and the clutch assembly was spinning but the tub wasn't. The assembly got pretty hot while this was happening. I've taken it apart about as far as I can and have found the following:

Motor coupling appears to be fine.
    Plastic piece in clutch assembly appears to be fine, but something could be broken and I don't realize it.

I've rigged everything up so the machine will try to spin while I have it taken apart. When it's in the spin cycle the agitator shaft (connected to the clutch assembly) will spin clockwise. However, if I grab it with my hand it will stop spinning. Perhaps this means something is broken in the gearbox...

I've also noticed I still can't spin the tub even though I have everything taken apart. Does this mean the brake is engaged? If so, how do I address this problem?

Any help or ideas is appreciated.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Dec 18, 2006, 08:04 PM
    When in spin the agitator will slowly spin but with no power to it so that is normal. With that happening and the clutch spinning then the gear case is working good.
    The only things left is the basket drive (sits on top of the clutch) and the spin basket.

Make sure nothing is between the tub and spin basket. Its hard to see because the plastic is not very clear. Use a bright flashlight on the tub and its easier to see inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay model number? [ 3 Answers ]

Where do I find the model number information on the fan? Just moved into a rental with 2 non functioning fans/lights and don't have a user manual to try and fix on my own.

Kenmore Elite Washer (Model#110.82873120) Spin Probs [ 5 Answers ]

I have the Kenmore Elite King Size Washer, Model#110.82873120. Last night it quit working on the "Spin" cycle. I can still hear and feel the cycle operating, but there is a "clicking" that goes on and the agitator doesn't spin, nor does it agitate during the cycle. The draining mechanism...

Whirlpool Washer Spin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool washer that will not go into final spin. You have to manual turn the tub clockwise about two turns, Re-set the switch to final spin, close the lib, then it will go into final spin. What is the problem or do I need to replace the switch. Thank YOu;

Harbor Breeze Model Number 233576 [ 1 Answers ]

I bought my fan about 6 months ago and was wonder what freqency the remotes work on and if they are compatible with normal X10 remotes. Any help would be greatly appreciated

View more questions Search