Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tchoutz19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Pa adoption of my great niece or nephew
    In the State of PA what steps do I have to do to adopt my great niece or nephew when they are born. My biological niece is having a baby in Dec. and is offering us to adopt it. Am I considered a "relative" by the law. Can I go through the same process as if it was my niece etc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2010, 05:47 PM

Please pay more attention to posting guidelines. There is a Read First sticky in the Adoption forum (where this was moved from) that directs questions of a legal nature to this forum.

The process of adopting a child doesn't change whether you are related or not. It may, however, make it easier. You need an attorney to prepare the paperwork, so shop around for a family Law attorney to do this for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting my niece or nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My sister in law just told me that she is pregnant with her 11th child and she doesn't want him/her. She wants my fiancé and I to have the child. Both parents do not want the child because neither of them have a job and have 10 other kids to take care of. I would like to know what to expect in...

Can I foster my niece and nephew [ 2 Answers ]

My niece is seven years old and my nephew is a few months old. Their parents are going through a custody battle, one of many. When it goes to court again, I'd like to know the chances of the court dismissing both parents and asking for possible family members to take them on. Both parents aren't...

Custody of my niece and nephew [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Can you tell me if I have any rights to apply for legal guardianship or custody of any kind of my niece and nephew who are 2 and 1 who I have had fulltime for the past 9 months Thank you

Getting custody of my niece and nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My niece and nephew are currently living with my brother. Their mother left them with him over 4 years ago with not so much as a phone call since. My brother has since gone to court and had her rights terminated. She did nothing to contest this. My brother's physical and mental health is failing...

View more questions Search