Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strugglinggirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 05:55 AM
    Equivalent units of production formula?
    Please help me can you at least give me formula for getting the equivalent units of production for the year.
    Thank you!:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    jenyui Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 11:04 AM
    number of units times % complete
    ie) 100 units x 50% complete= 50 e.u
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 09:42 PM

jenyui is over-simplifying just a tag. There isn't any "one" formula for figuring out equivalent units. There are 3 categories in which the units must fit, and it has to be done for both materials and conversion costs. How simple or complicated it is will depend on the problem.

You're also not being very specific. "Equivalent units" as a subject is long and complicated. There is no way to even know where in the process you might be - i.e. whether you have everything else you need and ONLY need to calculate equivalent units (meaning it's almost what jenyui said, except it's still over-simplified), or if you still have to put together the split between beginning inventory, ending, started, etc.

So there's really no easy way to answer that question.
    kamalname Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 01:30 AM
    (cost-residual value)*usage in 1 year/total production

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determinet the Equivalent units of production for materials and conversion costs [ 1 Answers ]

Production costs: 1. Transferred out 8960 units 2. Started 1,100 units that are 40% complete as to converstion costs and 100% complete as to materials at July 31 Costs: Beginning work in process $0 Materials 45,010 Labor 14,080 Manufacturing overhead 18,810

Equivalent units [ 1 Answers ]

1. True or False. If 30,000 units of materials enter production during the first year of operations, 25,000 of the units are finished, and 5,000 are 30% completed, the number of equivalent units of production would be 28,500. I know that the answer is false but can someone help me understand...

View more questions Search