Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BearandMouse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 05:46 PM
    What is the rate per square foot for medical janitorial services?
    I am putting a bid, to do a regular scheduled maintenance for a animal facility and laboratories for a pharmaceutical contract. What would be rate per square foot for medical janitorial services?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2011, 05:59 PM

What is being done ? Are you supplying materials, or are they supplying materials. What amount of area have what type of floor, office, lab, warehouse, type of floor material,
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 20, 2011, 06:51 PM

Depending on where you are located and the intensity of the bidding of your competitors it varies.

As a suggestion if it is 5 or 6 days/week cleaning and you have to take care of the VCT/hard floors and the carpets the rate in my area ranges from $.015 all the way to $0.26 depending of the density and how many OR's there are in this building.

I sincerely hope that you have experience in medical cleaning as it requires a lot of knowledge to keep it clean and to protect you, your workers and the client and their patients/staff.

Pricing is always your decision in the end this is only a suggestion based upon my experience level/s.

Do you?

Stringer

Mar 21, 2011, 05:15 AM
    Comment on Stringer's post
    Thanks for your comments, Everything is being supplied by us, (hand towels, neutral soap, hand soap, garbage bags. etc... ) only the product to clean the animal facility is being supplied by the client. The floors in the lab are tile floors which we will be stripping and re-waxing once a year. The square feet of the area in question is 75,000 sqft. It will be cleaned 5 days a week, extras will include desensitizing animal facility once a month. I bought a company that had been doing the contract for 15 yrs, so the employees have not changed. They are very dedicated employees, the pharmacutical company is very happy with them. I currently charge $1.20 a sqft per year for office cleaning. Is the $0.15 to $0.26 per sqft a monthly rate?
    Business Expert

Mar 21, 2011, 08:11 AM

Yes it is monthly Bear.

Stringer

Mar 21, 2011, 09:59 AM
    Thanks so much, you guys were tons of help. I hope to repay, by being a valid input on this web community. Great site!!
    Business Expert

Mar 21, 2011, 10:12 AM

You're welcome Bear. Helping others is what we are all about.

Good luck to you, I like your attitude.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the going rate for cleaning by the square foot? [ 1 Answers ]

It's a new construction one time clean. 3300 sq feet. I need to get an idea of the going rate. I will supply all the cleaning supplies. Windows included, there are about 24 windows and it's a 2 story house.

Square foot rate for panting? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the sq foot rate for painting in ca?

What is the going rate for cleaning a car dealership by the square foot [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a cleaning service and I want to know the going rate for cleaning a car dealership by the square foot. What is the going rate for cleaning a car dealership in the southeastern Pennsylvania area at 1700 square feet?

View more questions Search