Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayres Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Cold setting produces heat while heat setting does the same. Need cold air.
    Just installed a honeywell rth221 and when placed in the heat position, it heats and when in the cool position, it heats. Why can I not get cold air? Old thermostat was a lenox with R, Y1, G, O, W1, C, New thermostat has only Y G on one side and Rh, Rc, and W on other with removable jumper connecting Rh and Rc.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 01:05 AM
    Read your install manual

NOTE: This thermostat is not compatible with heat pumps or
    Multi-stage systems.

On Page 1

http://customer.honeywell.com/TechLi...69-2060EFS.pdf

You have the wrong thermostat. You need 2 stage heat unit with the O terminal if you have a heat pump with an electric air handler.

Oct 19, 2009, 05:45 AM
    Thanks. Will look into that. Just needed warm air last week, got a bit cold and the heat worked o I never thought to check cold air.

Oct 19, 2009, 06:28 AM
    I am looking online trying to find a thermostat that is 2 stage with the O terminal to fix the problem but not really sure which to choose. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for?

Oct 19, 2009, 06:34 AM
    What thermostat to buy?
    I installed a honeywell RTH 221 but have found that with my system I get only hot air when on the cold setting and equally hot air on the heat setting. I need a suggestion on what to buy. The system is a Lenox installed when built in 1996. I have been informed by a member here that I bought the wrong thermostat and the wire connected to the O terminal was important! Even though the insallation manual said that some wires may not need be connected with newer thermostat and there was no terminal for the O or the C1 ( I beleive) it was a blue wire. Thank you all!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 06:37 AM
    Honeywell or White Rodgers are good brands. Most if not all two stage heat thermostats will have a O terminal or something similar for a setting with options on the O/B selection in the adjustable program for thermostat usage.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 06:39 AM

This should be combined with your other thread - same issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Set the Hot and Cold Water Setting on My Shower Valve? [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a new handle on my shower at home. However, when I turn the handle to the left - the water is cold. When I turn the handle to the right - the water is hot. I have a Moen shower system. Can anyone help me so that the hot water is activated by turning to the left and the cold...

No flame on heat setting [ 1 Answers ]

Lightning hit furnace, knocked out circuit board about 4 months ago. Replaced w/ new. A/c unit working ,but when heat cycle is turned on, unit will cycle to let igniter glow , but will not let gas flow to ignite flame for heat. Any suggestions? Thanks

Fan setting on a heat thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

Can you explain to me what this setting is for? We do not have central air but the "fan" option is on the thermostat. I put the setting on "cool", then "fan" and set the thermostat temp for 60 degrees. Cool air came out for about a half hour and cut off automatically and did not come back on. I...

Heat setting [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ny state and own a house with an apartment what is the correctthermasate setting for heat is the heat to be set at 68 degress or 72 degress > Where can I look up this information

View more questions Search