Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sksales Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Remote/Receiver not working
    Good day to You. I am experiencing some problems with our new Hampton Bay ceiling fan. It seems that the Remote will not operate fan nor the lights.
    We made sure that all switches on Receiver and Remote are at same settings. My wiring diagram is as follows:
    Two sets of wires in ceiling junction box. #1 set , Black and white wires from Breaker Box. #2 set of wires, also Black and white wires from wall switch. #1 set and # 2 set white wires connected together. I connected #1 set Black wire to RED lead of Receiver, and #2 set black wire to Receiver white lead wire.
    All other connections are as per instructions, blue to blue, white to white, and black to black.
    If my wiring connections are correct, why does it still not work? Please Help! Thank you.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Try connecting the receiver directly to the breaker box set and see if it works without the switch. Red to black, white to white.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Ceiling fan remote stopped working [ 50 Answers ]

I moved into our house about 1.5 years ago. In one room there is a Hampton Bay ceiling fan which has a remote control. A few weeks ago the whole device stopped working, meaning we can't get either the fan or the light to turn on. We replaced the battery in the remote control, and checked the...

Remote quit working [ 1 Answers ]

I have two ceiling fans and two remotes that work either fan.Both remotes quit working at the same time.Batteries are good.Any suggestions?

Remote not working [ 1 Answers ]

Our redington model fan with the remote will not turn on amymore what should we do

Receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a second question also : I am intended to buy a new receiver as well. But.. I have two pairs of speakers in my living room and one pair in my kitchen. This receiver should be connected to these three pairs of speakers. This seems to be rather difficult. How should I proceed and wich...

View more questions Search