Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa7783 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 04:37 AM
    80s kids movie, fantacy,with a dwarf, live actors
    OK, this is very scetchy to me. I used to rent this movie a lot as a kid. It could be late 70s or 80s. I remember a young boy and girl (maybe 9-12yr) I think brother and sister. I think the movie starts in there house, and this dwarf of some kind/small fantasy creature/little man appears. I think the kids try to hide him, or he hides himself in the washer or dryer, maybe it was the garage... im so confused. The kids live in a modern society, and he takes the kids to his land. Where he is from I remember a lot of fantasy, almost like a huge festival. I don't even remember the plot, how it ends, nothing, that's all I have. I adored that movie as a child, can anyone help me remember the title.
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Jan 5, 2008, 04:45 AM
    This sounds like a couple movies mixed together.. can u be a little more specific or give more detail on the creature. I will look around till then:)

Jan 5, 2008, 05:09 AM
    Well the creature was a man, he was short and kind of fat, he reminds if the character Hobble in the labyrinth. Thanks for helping!!
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Jan 5, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Mac and me
    mac, and me - Google Image Search
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Jan 5, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Willow?

Jan 5, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Thanks for helping, but its neither one of those movies.
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Maybe this one?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/movies...ght=great+land
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Was that The Gnome Mobile?? (I loved that movie... )
    NeisauT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Man I have been searching for the same movie watched it when I was a child... the place the kids were taken to had all these acrobats and butterflies and then the king would excute someone by throwing them into the pits where this monster was... I remember the beautiful colors of their kingdom:) :) :)
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Jan 8, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeisauT
    Man i have been searching for the same movie watched it when i was a child.........the place the kids were taken to had all these acrobats and butterflies and then the king would excute someone by throwing them into the pits where this monster was.....I remeber the beautiful colors of their kingdom:) :) :)
    The movie you are looking for is definitely the Great Land of Small. I had the same memories with the acrobats and the butterflies and finally found out the name about a year ago. I was able to find a vhs copy of it on eBay so you might want to look there if you're having trouble finding it. The movie is out of print so you won't find it on dvd anywhere unless it's a bootleg.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 10:52 PM
    There is definitely a scene in the Hugga Bunch Movie where the doll that comes from the fantasy land hides and gets put in the washer with the laudry, but this is the only thing that matches your plot. That stuck out the most.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 08:38 PM
    There is a part in the movie The Hugga Bunch where the doll with the pink hair gets put in the washer from hiding in the laundry...
    jennyrena Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Feb 4, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa7783
    ok, this is very scetchy to me. i used to rent this movie a lot as a kid. it could be late 70s or 80s. i remember a young boy and girl (maybe 9-12yr) i think brother and sister. i think the movie starts in there house, and this dwarf of some kind/small fantasy creature/little man appears. i think the kids try to hide him, or he hides himself in the washer or dryer, maybe it was the garage......im so confused. the kids live in a modern society, and he takes the kids to his land. where he is from i remember a lot of fantasy, almost like a huge festival. i dont even remember the plot, how it ends, nothing, thats all i have. i adored that movie as a child, can anyone help me remember the title.
    You could possibly be talking about troll or hugga bunch.

Feb 4, 2008, 01:12 PM
    The movie troll is set in an apartment building and the girl goes to the basement laundry and at first the troll hides behind the washer and then befriends the girl and she becomes the troll and turns the people in her building into trolls and her big brother and a secret witch in the building stop the troll from takeing over the girl, if that's not the movie your talking about you should see it ''troll''

Feb 4, 2008, 01:16 PM
    ok, this is very scetchy to me. i used to rent this movie a lot as a kid. it could be late 70s or 80s. i remember a young boy and girl (maybe 9-12yr) i think brother and sister. i think the movie starts in there house, and this dwarf of some kind/small fantasy creature/little man appears. i think the kids try to hide him, or he hides himself in the washer or dryer, maybe it was the garage......im so confused. the kids live in a modern society, and he takes the kids to his land. where he is from i remember a lot of fantasy, almost like a huge festival. i dont even remember the plot, how it ends, nothing, thats all i have. i adored that movie as a child, can anyone help me remember the title.
    The movie is probably troll it is set in an apartment building and the troll hides in the basement laundry room then takes over the little girl and she turns the other tenants into trolls and her big brother has to help her with the help of a secret good witch in the building if you remember a girl at the top of the stairs with a ball and a live cute little mushroom then that's it good movie

Feb 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Your probably talking about troll . A girl with a ball goes to the basement laundry room and the troll hides behind the washer.he takes over the little girl with a ring and she turns tenants of the apartment building into trolls and her brother goes into the trolls kingdom to get his sister back with the help of a secret witch in the building.good movie
    madisonjay Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2008, 07:31 PM
    The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns- The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns (1999) (TV)
    Or
    Sci-Fi / Fantasy Movies @ The 80's Movies Rewind

Mar 7, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyrena
    your probably talking about troll . a girl with a ball goes to the basement laundry room and the troll hides behind the washer.he takes over the little girl with a ring and she turns tenants of the apartment building into trolls and her brother goes into the trolls kingdom to get his sister back with the help of a secret witch in the building.good movie
    Omg... why did I post so many times. I must have not known that my answers were getting through... sorry
    EpitomizedFolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2010, 10:36 PM
    I know this is a really late reply but if you ever found out what this movie is please let me know. I think I know what you're talking about--was the dwarf (or whatever he was) able to make himself invisible? Because other than that, your description is exactly like the one in my head, lol.
    KathyKS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 10:30 AM
    The Great Land of Small

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie Title or Actors [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remember the name of a movie from the late 80's early 90's about 3 friends, murder, and money. There's a scene with the money buried under the floor boards. It's similar in style to "A Simple Plan", but it has English Actors. Can someone help me out?

80's fantacy movie [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the 80's movie about a boy that goes on a spaceship that has a bunch of alien creatures in glass cases. Starts with an r I think?

The Dwarf [ 5 Answers ]

I rear ended a car this morning... I tell you, I knew it was going to be a REALLY bad day! The driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF! He looked up at me and said 'I am NOT Happy!' So I said, 'Well, which one ARE you then?'

Russian Dwarf Hmasters [ 7 Answers ]

Can you keep dwarf hamsters in your bedroom?:D I don't know! Hahahaha!

Unknown movie from 1970's - 1980's (kids movie) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I do not recall much of the movie. It was about a teen age boy perhaps a runaway. He ended up on a mountain. He meet an old recluse who taught him how to live in the forest. I recall one scene when winter came he survived the snowstorm by staying in a tree hole. As in a tree trunk/stump that...

View more questions Search