Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2011, 12:54 PM
    Taxs paid on to much SS
    I made at work.. 40,160... wife and I made 116,000... plus I got 20,000 in SS.. I made about 16,000 over the 14,160 limit... I will have to pay back SS about 8,000 in 2011... however.. I will be paying tax on 85% of the SS which is 17,000
    But of the 20,000 I have to pay back in 2011... so where or how do I get a credit for the over payment of the taxs paid on the 8,000 that I have to pay back... hope I explaned it right... thank you for your time and help... richard
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 09:53 PM
    I do not do computations for payback requirements for those who work and receive Social Security before FULL retirement age, but, offhand, I do not think you will GET a credit for the payback amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Taxs on over paid social security [ 4 Answers ]

I made 30,000 at work.. I got 20,000 in SS... I will have to pay back about 8,000 because of... 70.000 AGI because of wife working I will have to pay that back in 2011... about 8,000... however... on my 1040 I paid taxs on the relament annount of 20,000 SS.. even though ...

Who can I file on my taxs as dependants [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file my boy friends children on my tax return AS DEPENDANTS

Over paid taxs [ 2 Answers ]

Can I up my deductions if I overpaid tax the first six months of the year

Over paid taxs [ 2 Answers ]

Can I up my dedutions if I over paid taxs so far this year

Filing Taxs When your spouse only works [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how do me and my husband file your taxses when he's the only one that works? We have a baby girl that was born in 2009 too. So my question is when we file do we file together as married, and he puts me and our daughter as a dependent? Or do we file as married an just put our...

View more questions Search