Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConfusedMommy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2006, 04:40 PM
    Unusual spotting
    I have been spotting since July 1st off and on my period is due this week still hasn't shown up I went to the docs yesterday had a urine test it came up negative I have to go back Friday for a ultra sound and a pelvic exam but I think 12 days of spotting is very odd I have never spotted that long and that much before my period is due

I have cramping not painful cramps but twingy pulling cramps, my pelvic area of my hips hurt off and on and the pain will shoot down my legs front and back to my knee I don't get these pains so I am so confused

I don't know what to think but I am driving myself madi don't feel like I have a uti or anything like that so I just don't know any ideas:confused: :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2006, 04:44 PM
    A woman does not always have to have a full blown period to have a period. Sounds strang, but true.

You do not say if you are on any birth control. This would help greatly in helping me help you figure this out.

This may be a sign of implantation bleeding, but is going on a little long for that.

If all else fails, on Friday you should ask your doc for a blood test, this is more accurate than a urine test and less expensive than the ultrasound, unless of course he has other conditions on his mind.

Jul 12, 2006, 04:50 PM
    No I'm not on because pills I'm 27 yrs old and I have one ds almost 6 I didn't know I was pregnant with him till I was almost 8 weeks pregnant cause I had my af so this is weird I want to say I'm pregnant and really thought I was till this am when I talked to the docs office and they said test was negative my

No the docs office didn't specify what all she wanted to look at I am pretty regular and my periods always last 2-3 days with 2 days spotting before and after af and I know I shouldn't have started spotting 12 days ago cause that is way to early
    Expert

Jul 12, 2006, 05:26 PM
    Please clarify a could have things for me, I am a rather old fogie when it comes to the computer shorthand, you say you have one ds, can you please tell me what ds is? :confused:

Also, you mention af, I am unsure of that also. :confused:

Sorry, I don't text or type shorthand, so to better help you, I would like to know what those are. Also, you will be teaching me something new.

Jul 12, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Ds dear son af aunt flow period
    Expert

Jul 12, 2006, 05:50 PM
    Okay, LOL, thanks for clearing that up. I am illiterate when it comes to computer shorthand.

I am beginning to wonder if this is a possibility of implantation bleeding. I said in another post here tonight that it is not as common as most women believe it is, but this could be a possibility with you.

Fertalization begins in the fallopian tube and then the zygote travels down to the uterus and implants itself. Implantation bleeding usually occurs when a woman is about to begin her af (look I learned something :D) and the zygote implants within the same day or so. Implantation bleeding occurs, for the most part, simultaneously with implantation and the beginning of the menses.

You may want to ask your doc to do a blood test as it is more accurate than the urine. You already know that though.

However, please do not be surprised if that comes up negative also. Sometimes it takes a while for the hCG hormone to reach levels, and it is different for every woman and every pregnancy, that are detectable to the specific test performed.

Jul 12, 2006, 06:15 PM
    You it took a few test to prove I was pregnant with my son so I just don't know but I guess I wait it out and try not to think the worse that something else could be wrong with me other than being pregnant no cyst or cancer or anything like that you know
    Expert

Jul 12, 2006, 06:19 PM
    Just to help you for right now, cancer rarely causes bleeding like you are describing.

Are you experiencing any other symptoms that are similar to pregnancy or menstruation?

Jul 12, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Tender bbs my nipples were stinging the other day somewhat neasues but that might be from my sinuses they have been bothering me the last week and a 1/2 my back and hips hurt and headaches off and on and tired but I am always tired lol and mild pulling twinging cramping
    Expert

Jul 12, 2006, 06:57 PM
    Hmmm, honestly could be either, but I do advise that you go back to your doc, who I hope is a OB/GYN and have everything checked out.

Jul 14, 2006, 04:40 PM
    Well went to the docs and had a pap and she messed around pushing on stomach and I go Monday for the internal ultra sound

I'm now spotting brown since last night but its more brown that then
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 04:58 PM
    It sounds pretty normal to me. But please give more info if you would.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unusual bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 30 year old woman and newly married.Usually my periods comes on time and never gave me a trouble.I got my last period on August 21st and it last for about 6-7 days.Then I had few intercourses with my husband and we never used any protection.Yesterday (2nd September)he ejaculated in me and...

Unusual cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly...

Unusual hair in general [ 1 Answers ]

I have dark hairs that grow reeeeally noticeably all over my stomach. I used to shave them until I noticed it getting worse. Is this normal for anyone? Its really gross. I also have hair around my *** and upper legs big time. What DO I DO?

Unusual blinking [ 5 Answers ]

Our daughter is 3 and a half years old, and just a couple of weeks ago, she has started to have this unusual blinking. When she blinks sometimes, she really scrunches her eyes, sort of in an exaggerated way, using a lot of facial movement. Could this be her straining to see, or is this the...

Unusual divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am in a very unusual situation, I've currently been separated for almost 8months now and I have a no contact with the wife and the children. The court in the temporary hearing said I was to pay alimony on top of child support but there isn't anything stateing alimony but is being withheld...

View more questions Search