Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atticsniffer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2006, 07:54 PM
    Low water pressure from kitchen faucet
    I turn on my hot or cold and just getting half of what I should have, I checked the aereator and it it OK, Fixture is 2 yrs old, hot and cold handles. I unscrewed top knob to take apart but could not unscrew the handle or cap. Help
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2006, 08:57 PM
    I have to have more info before I can help you. What is the top knob that you can unscrew. And where is it located. Does the handle have a cap on it?
    Here is another question. Does your faucet have two handles or just one, if it is only one do you see a place in the handle where a allen wrench would go? Give this information and someone will help you.
    atticsniffer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 05:44 PM
    The faucet has two handles. I was able to unscrew the handle and remove the cartridges. The spout has a smaller hole and could not see if it had a screw. I figure somewhere there is a blockage but could not find anything wrong with the cartridge, Is the something in the spout that could be blocked? I removed the cap on it but could not see how it is attached to the frane to remove it. Thanks for your response
    Larry
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2006, 09:30 PM
    If you also have a separate spray on this faucet there is a valve that make the water go to the spray when you turn on the spray... sometimes these get stuck and have to be replaced. When you take the nut off the top of the spout it should then just slip up as you move the spout back and forth
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 5, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Hi Larry,

A brand name of your faucet would be very helpful to us. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Faucet No Hot Water Pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have one of the Kitchen Faucets that is also the spray, all in one unit. When the cold water is turned on, the pressure is great, nice and cold. When the handle is turned to Hot, there is barely any pressure and the hot water never comes. I also have a dual sink in the master bedroom and one...

Loss of water pressure in kitchen faucet [ 7 Answers ]

This past week we've experienced a loss of water pressure in our kitchen faucet. The faucet is only 6-months old (Moen Extensa Chrome Single Handle Kitchen Faucet With Pullout Spray). Our handyman installed it for us. The house was built in 1992 and all pipes are in good condition upon a home...

Low water pressure on kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping that someone can help me on my issue because I am at my end! I recently replaced my kitchen faqucet with a Peerless, two handle faucet with sprayer. Since then my water pressure has been poor. I then took off the sprayer and capped the middle threaded outlet underneath but I still have...

Kitchen Faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I replaced the kitchen faucet fixture in an apartment. The piping is old galvanized. We also replaced the supply lines and shut off valves. The supply lines are the new fangled flood proof lines that shut off automatically if the line is torn. The problem is we now have much reduced...

Hot Water Pressure- Kitchen Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The other day, we turned the kitchen faucet on and there was no hot water pressure all of a sudden... we just get a trickle. The water pressure in the rest of the house is fine (hot and cold) and the cold water comes out fine as well. Any ideas? Thanks!

View more questions Search