Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2003, 03:01 AM
    Assorted CD Burning
    Hi,

I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with Yamaha CRW2200E CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the system. I'm confused how to do it as everyone tells me that its not possible to do so, and some say that it is possible. I'm at crossroads regarding this, so can anyone enlighten me in this regard? More so what are the audio CD formats which we buy from music (audio) shops. I mean what extension do they have? If there is anything to clarify from my side please don't hesitate to write me back. Cheers ! :)

SAI
    sclark Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2003, 11:58 PM
    Assorted CD Burning
    Although you may lose clarity in the ripping process a little (most people can't tell the difference) the easiest way is probably to rip the songs you are after into mp3 (remember the law is that you can use the material you purchased only for yourself, not to share around) and then burn these using Nero's audio-cd wizard.

I've seen people copy the .cda (standard cd format) files to their hard disks and then back onto a new cd with varying rates of success. I don't recommend this option.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 10:18 AM
    Assorted CD Burning
    Since you have Windows XP, I would use Windows Media Player (WMP). I've done this myself and WMP make it VERY easy.

First you copy the tracks you want to your hard drive. Next you create a playlist of the tracks you want on your CD. Finally you copy the playlist to a blank CD and voilą! Form more details about each step, check the WMP Help. It details. Each step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Burning... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... I know a little about burning data dics... but one thing is I want to burn a pack of installer for example Adobe CS Pack but I notice that the file size is too big it won't fit in to my 700MB cd so I want to make it 2 cds like some installer pack into 3 cds or more... but I don't know...

Burning CD [ 8 Answers ]

I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out why, all of a sudden Nero will only write CDA files. Up until recently I have had no problem writing MP3s to CD in MP3 format. I have wasted many CDs while trying to find a solution. :-/

Cutting Assorted songs from different CDs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the system. I'm confused...

Burnind Assorted Songs from Audio CDs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the system. I'm confused...

Burnind Assorted Songs from Audio CDs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the system. I'm...

View more questions Search