Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SophiaShines Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 11:04 AM
    Can I be adopted by a family member?
    If I were to get parental consent could I be adopted by my grandmother? I don't want a long drawn out process I just want them to sign the papers and be over with.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2012, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SophiaShines View Post
    If i were to get parental consent could i be adopted by my grandmother? I dont want a long drawn out process i just want them to sing the papers and be over with.
    Simple answer... NO.

It will be long and drawn out.. expensive, the court will be involved... Lawyers will have to be paid... It can be done but it won't be quick, cheap or easy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I WANT TO be adopted into a different family how? [ 3 Answers ]

I WANT TO be adopted into a family I have them picked out... I don't want to hurt my family but I am not happy all of my sibblinga and parents are but I'm not... I just want to be adopted into a family I picked out... how do I tell ethier family?

Family member will not leave with his family and my mom died and I am the exector. [ 1 Answers ]

Mother died and I am the executor of the will. Brother and family have lived with Mom for six months. This was suppose to be temporary. Mom never wanted him in the house and told the other family members he better not live in my house and under no cicumstances do I want him to live here. Have not...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search