Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucymox Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 09:50 AM
    Backpay on disability benefits?
    I stopped working two years ago and have recently applied for disability benefits for a physical problem that will never go away. I read online that people are paid from when they quit working until the benefit is actually paid. Will I really be paid for two years of disability? Please let me know your experience if you have dealt with this.

Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 10:04 AM

You mean a retroactive payment. After you apply, and get through the hearing process to prove that you actually do have a disability, yes, you can get retroactive payments, but don't see dollar signs yet, because sometimes it takes up to 11 months to get the back payments.

This information is from the website disability secrets.com.

Tick
    Jeremy1976 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 12:10 PM
    I was in a bad car crash in 19995 that left me blind in my left eye, no perifial vision, my spleen was taken out, and 16 plates and 69 screws in my head. I was placed on disability in 1995 and then taken off or denied disability in 2003. I then reapplied in 2009 and was approved again. My question is would I be entitled to back pay from 2003-2009?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VA disability benefits [ 2 Answers ]

Can my VA disability benefits be garnished to pay unsecured credit card debt ?

Do I have to file taxes on disability backpay? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to file taxes on my disability backpay? I also had income of $15000 before I received the disability last year. I received $28000 back pay.

Will my children receive SSD backpay from their father's disability? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering when my 2 sons are approved for disability benefits (SSD) on behalf of their father, will the backpay they receive start from the date that I applied for them, or will it go retro from the time HE applied or was found disabled. Thanks

Missing backpay ss disability for children [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! My husband was disabled, and committed suicide after all. We had a disability claim, and local judge granted the back pay after my husband's death. At first, social security clerk told me that kids are entitled to receive some money, too. However, social security sent the check only for...

N.J. Disability benefits taxability [ 1 Answers ]

My wife recently filed for NJ disability benefits while recovering from hip surgery. Her employer deducts for NJ SDI. The payments she received did not deduct any NJ state of Federal withholding taxes. Are the disability benefits received from N.J. exempt from federal and state withholding taxes?

View more questions Search