Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gatsbysoul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 08:12 PM
    ask physics questions for free online
    A uniform capillary tube, colsed at one end, contained air which is trapped by a thread of mercury 85mm long. When the tube was held horizontally, the length of the air column was 50mm. When it was held vertically with the closed end downwards, the length was 45mm. Find the atmospheric pressure in Nm-2 .
    (Take g= 10ms-2).
    I know P1V1=P2V2 but I am not sure which is which and how to solve it mathematically with so many different units of measurement. I am confused. Please enlighten me what are the steps in resolving this.

Thanks.
    lara72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Assess the risks arising from actual or poetntial exposure to noise and vibration
    danlim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 07:37 AM
    A real life situation which is related to heat is needed to conduct an experiment. What I choose is about a clothe to dry ( evaporate ). I've recently conducted an experiment about the rate of evaporation of water by placing a beaker containing water under a fan of different speeds. Can this relate to the convection? Convection of air?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ask physics questions for free [ 15 Answers ]

a smooth right circular cone of semi vertical angle x{tan x=5/12}is at rest on a horizontalplane.a rubber ring of mass 2.5 kg which requires a force 15n for an extension of 10cm is placed on the cone.find the increase in radius of ring in equillibrium.

Ask physics questions for free online? [ 11 Answers ]

A mouse is initially at rest on a horizontal turntable mounted on a frictionless vertical axle. If the mouse begins to walk clockwise around the perimeter of the table, what happens to the turntable? Explain using Newton's Laws.

Ask a physics questions free? [ 1 Answers ]

A boy starts at the bottom of a hill and runs to the top, another boy stats at the bottom and walks winding his way up and gradually makes it to the top. How expends more energy and why

View more questions Search