Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtonkery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 01:04 PM
    1099 Income Tax Question
    I set up a small consulting company in 2010 and it is an LLC and I got permission for an S corp. I work as a consultant and have received checks in the corporate name but also checks in my name. My question is can I count the 1099 income as company income? Since many people know me I got checks made out to me instead of the company. How do I report the 1099 income?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 05:29 AM

If you do not report 1099 received in your name on your tax return, you will get letter from IRS. So you must report as your income on schedule C. Also on this schedule report payments made to LLC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim per diem on 1099 tax income? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello experts, I recently decide to work as an independent consultant for the first time. I am from Chicago. I got a contract to consult for an end client in Ohio but will get paid from a Florida based company. This agent will pay me an all inclusive hourly rate on 1099 form. What I did was...

1099 Tax question [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I loaned a friend of mine 5000 early this year (he is an accountant) , and few days ago he said he will return me the money in 5 checks each is 1000 and will issue me 1099 form. Does that mean I will have to pay more tax because it is another income ? Or does that merely reduce his tax ?...

Estimated Tax Qtrly Filing for 1099 income [ 1 Answers ]

My sole source of Income will be primarily 1099 (Non-Employee Compensation). Thus I would require to file the 1040 ES and the CA 540 ES each qtr. Do I require to pay FICA+Medicare? And where would I file this under the 1040ES? Likewise, for CA, there's the SDI (State Disability Insurance),...

Tax implications of 1099 income [ 1 Answers ]

My son has had a paper route for the past 2 years and the income has always reported on his SSN as 1099 income. The newpaper company is changing policies and will no longer hire minors. If I put the route in my name and receive a 1099 for the income and the issue a 1099 to my son paying him the...

View more questions Search