Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ashley Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2004, 08:16 AM
    What Diet?
    I have been doing many diets and can't find one that works with my busy schedule and I am hungry all the time. What is the best one from you opinion and how do I do it? :(
    thouvie Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2004, 02:52 PM
    Re: What Diet?
    hey ashley, 1st off don't listen to all this adkins, zone, etc, diet crap. If you are intrested in losing weight eat healthy and eat often. The rule of small portions, eat small meals 250-350 calories about every 3 hours this will make it so that your body is burning off the calories before you put in new ones and the previously consumed calories are not turned to fat. Find your basal metabolism and subtract 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week for women its body weight x12, for guys its body weight x14. Eat only good calories no empty ones like soda, sugars, starches are sugars too. Cut fat to about 20 grams a day and keep a log of what you eat and the disection of protein, carbs, fat, and fiber.
    fiber and fat will make you feel satisfied and full. But timing is important in the morning eat whole oats like oatmeal, bran flakes, cereals with low sugar. And about 3 pm stop eating most of your cards and turn to proteins and veggies, so chicken breasts, fish, with broccoli, spinach salds, etc.
    take a multi vitamin also because you never know where your diet is missing nutrients and it will help you stay healthy.
    exercise can help you fell better and eat more with out gaining weight. If you do a half hour of biking you can burn 300 calories and that allows you to eat 300 more without gaining any weigt.
    don't eat late if you are hungry and its 10 pm just go to bed. Also drink a ton of water it'll fill you up and sometimes your body is just thirsty and not hungry but people eat instead. So drink up.
    cut alcohol down. Its empty calories that just slow you metabolism down and hinder your gains.
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2005, 12:30 AM
    No More Damn Diets
    Try watching Dr Phil. Seriously.

Losing weight shouldn't be about a diet. It is a LIFESTYLE. If you view it as a diet, you'll never succeed.

Eat a variety of foods and if you find you get hungry, eat healthy things imbetween meals, NOT things like museli bars cause they are loaded with sugar.

Eat healty and exercise every day. Don't deprive yourself of your favourite foods, the key with 'bad' foods is to eat them in moderation so you don't binge.
    talkingstones Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2005, 12:07 PM
    Food fuel for the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    I have been doing many diets and can't find one that works with my busy schedule and I am hungry all the time. What is the best one from you opinion and how do I do it? :(
    "Bhudda said to take food was to fuel the physical and to clean the
    systems of operation." Correct portions are measured to organ operation of digesting and assimulation. Not to age or tire body with over eating and digestive demands. Here are some of the meals suggested for warm days.

Summer high protein meals
    Eat leaves of lettuce as you would bread and cut out white flour items
    Completely. Have only five small meals a day and do not consume anything after Sunset. Small meal means; contents not more than a cup full. Eat for fuel source every two hours, avoiding the feeling of hunger. That's ten hours of eating time a day! These can be made ahead of need and are better marinated anyway. Also can be carry in for lunch and meals while in transit.
    You can expand on amounts for number of people, considering a cup is a
    Meal portion.
    Summer Splash Salad
    Dice the items required about size of a pea.
    Large can of garbanzo beans
    4 green onions chopped
    1 yellow bell pepper
    1 diced Italian tomatoes or
    10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
    1 large cucumber (leave on green skin) cut in chunks
    1 cup of cooked high protein pasta

Dressing
    Four mashed garlic cloves
    Rosemary ½ spoon or to taste
    Basil T. spoon
    Parsley T. spoon
    Oregano a pinch
    Cheyenne a pinch
    Coarse black pepper ½ spoon
    Light Wishbone Salad Dressing with four Tspoons Balsamic Vinegar

Serve with Pita Wheat bread or wheat crackers
    Hidden Agenda Salad
    6 boiled eggs cleaned and cubed
    Can of Salmon chunked
    6 chopped green onions
    4 large tomatoes diced
    10 radishes diced
    Cup pine nuts
    ½ 1 whole diced yellow bell pepper
    ½ black olives

Dressing
    Mayo 1 cup (or more to taste)
    Mashed rosemary 1 ½ teaspoons
    2 tablespoons of dried parsley
    Splash of Balsamic vinegar or red wine.
    Coarse Black pepper to taste.
    Served over bed of leaf lettuce
    Sounds Galore Bean Salad
    Garbanzo beans 1 can
    Butter beans frozen 1 ½ cups
    Can of red kidney beans
    Frozen peas 1 cup
    Black eyed peas canned or frozen 1 cup
    1 can or 1 ½ cups of frozen or fresh green beans
    Frozen or canned whole kernel corn I can or cup
    1 whole fresh yellow bell pepper cubed
    2 cup of diced onions
    1 jar of pimento diced
    1 jar of canned roasted red peppers cubed
    1 medium size zucchini squash diced
    Coarse black pepper to taste
    When available red clover tops are cut into fours and added at time of
    Eating
    (Do not put clover tops in early it will soften to fast and spoil
    Taste.)

Dressing
    Sweet and sour
    Stevia or art. Sugar substitute to taste
    Malt vinegar
    Splash of red wine
    Herbs > >1 T spoon of basil fresh if possible
    1 T spoon of parsley
    2 Tspoons of chopped chives
    Rosemary 1 teaspoon
    6 mashed garlic cloves
    Hope you can use this information.
    seong8737 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Well, as I know there is a word 'eat little but more meal', it mean You should not eat too much every time you taking your meal, instead of having more meal a day with little serving. The breakfast is the most important and should not miss it no mater how busy your are. In chinese society it is say that eat moderate because you need to start a new energize day but not end up with discomfort stomach pain, eat much at noon because you need to refill your energy that lost at morning and store the rest for later, eat less at dinner because you don't need much energy at night. This is also because everyone do not have much action at night and sleep after some time and ti is not good for digestive system. You could listen to thouvie for nutrient and you, what star girl say is right. Losing weight shouldn't be about a diet. It is a LIFESTYLE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy diet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,it had been great pleasure for me to get quick response from all of u.thank u.as I'm 5ft8inch and I weigh 52 kg so I like thin I want to increase My muscles fast as quick as can so tell me nice diest which increase muscles and testosterone.

3-hour diet [ 2 Answers ]

Has anybody heard of 3- Hour Diet program by jorger cruise?? I just want to know is it effective?? If anybody doing this diet please reply me ~

Diet pills [ 3 Answers ]

I want to loose some weight. I was two sides smiler than I am rigth now. I am not overweight really but ia want to have my body like it was before. I would like to try with diet pills, but I am scared of side effects. I just wondering if just taking those pills for a while,...

Diabetic diet [ 1 Answers ]

My Aunt is a big, beautiful, mature woman who has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. She is having a problem understanding how to convert carbs to grams. Her dietician is a wonderful person, but doesn't realize that she is 70 years old and may not catch on as quickly as a younger...

Diet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi How can I lose some weight ( only 3-4 kg) without going on horrible diets? Because I've seen people who went on hard diets and did lose weight but the wieght went back as soon as they returned to normal eating habbits. I've already cut off hot chips and junk food. What else shoud I do? Thanks

View more questions Search