Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lonerg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2018, 01:22 PM
    Downstairs flat in council flat has new tenant and their cooking smell is coming b
    I love in a block of flats and new tenants downstairs cooking smells are coming up and making me I'll. Lots of fish and mutton smells. I have air fresheners and cooking smell elimination cancels all over but nothing works. It starts from 8 am to past midnight everyday
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 23, 2018, 02:08 PM
    So complain to the council.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2018, 04:21 PM
    There is little we can do here in the United States.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2018, 08:43 AM
    Maybe you both could benefit from better air circulation. Many years ago I found that those air fresheners and candles triggered my allergies and made me miserable. I did better with scented wax melted in an electric wax melting pot, and scented oils used with a humidifier.

Maybe this site can help.

https://thenaturalpenguin.com/homema...ir-fresheners/
    Typhoonish Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2019, 01:02 AM
    How about talking with them nicely? And or talk with the council?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want remedy for my flat south west facing direction flat ! [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a rented flat on second floor and main entrance of my flat is in South West direction. Entrance of my building/ apartment from road is in South East. I am living here from last 3 years and facing lots of different types of problems. I am not getting growth in my job in spite of hard work....

How do I stop my downstairs neighbours cooking smells coming into my bathroom? [ 1 Answers ]

My downstairs neighbour likes to cook but the smell comes up and through our bathroom floor and it stinks our whole house out. Our bathroom floor is tiled but there are gaps around the pipes which I'm not sure how to seal. Normal air fresheners don't work at all and I was wondering if there is...

Flat hair - great, then flat again. What can I do? [ 4 Answers ]

If anyone can offer me any suggestions I would be SO grateful! I am at the end of my rope and nearly broke down this morning in frustration! I have straight hair that is fine and basically no body at all. I used to have long hair and just got it just short (above my shoulder) with layers. I've...

Smell coming from the flat below [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a council flat on top floor and my neighbours below cooking really strong smelling food everyday.the minute they start I get the smell and long after they finish cooking smell is still coming upstairs and it lingers all day.I open the windows and it doesn`t help because as soon as I close...

Smell in flat [ 1 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me. I live in a second floor flat and some funny smells have been developing since we moved in in March last year. First it started with a fishy smell when we have been in the bathroom for a while and now more recently it has developed into an occansional musky/eggy smell...

View more questions Search