Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arrebol5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2018, 10:55 PM
    Harassment, Reverse Mortgage.
    I have two questions:
    1. Since I received a reverse mortgage on a property located in Lee County, Florida, I've ALWAYS kept my insurances, taxes, and condo fees up to date. But I am now receiving "debt collection" calls from the lender informing me that they have but received proof of insurances. Yet, I have faxed the declaration pages five times and emailed them twice.
    My insurers have also faxed the documents to the lender at least three times. As of this date, I have received twelve threatening phone calls (each lasting at least 20 minutes), during which I repetitively notified the collectors that the declarations were sent. It should be noted that this is my full-time residence; I vote here; my driver's license has this address; I receive all correspondence here; and my automobile is registered here. (It is of interest to note that twice the company notified us that they had, in fact, received the declarations.)
    The debt collectors have given me the phone number for their Insurance Department, but after five different waits of 45 minutes or more, no one ever answered. Utilizing caller ID, I refused to answer the last call, November 17, 2018. (The group with whom I initially made the mortgage sold the company sometime last year to the one that is now giving me problems.)
    Is this harassment, and if so, what should I do about it?
    2. I've had the reverse mortgage for about nine years. Except for initially qualifying for the mortgage, during that entire time, I was never asked to divulge my financial status. However, yesterday, November 17, 2018, I received correspondence from the company demanding that I furnish them with my economic situation Am I obligated to do so?
    Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2018, 02:59 PM
    Some companies are crooks, and others sometimes have people who steal the data and attempt to collect funds for you but do not work for or have anything to do with the mortgage company.

But send it in email. As attachment, with them showing they received it. Send it in certified letter, to prove they have gotten it.

And don't waste 20 minutes talking to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reverse mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am possibly interested in buying my neighbors house. They obtained a reverse mortgage when the husband got sick and I guess she's been receiving monthly $ from Bank of America to help pay for her caregivers. She died recently and I'm wondering how I can go about making an offer. They...

Reverse Mortgage Harassment [ 2 Answers ]

I took out a Reverse Mortgage in 2009, I have lived up to all commitments since. However I have received a form from LPS every 40 days wherein I must state I still live in my residence, this started in October 2011; also they have been taking photos of my house and when I asked the people why I...

Reverse mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

In your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of reverse mortgages. Also, could you include comments on what happens when you want to sell your house after you have accepted a reverse mortgage. Thanks in advance.

Reverse mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I am renting a house that is probate, the man died in December, he had a reverse mortgage on this house since 1994, he lived to be 99 years old, the original mortgage was brought by another bank, I need help in finding who bought the reverse mortgage, the son said it will go into...

View more questions Search