Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rt1_00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2016, 04:05 PM
    Today I don't know why I was burping in class a lot and got detention is this rude
    I tried to hold it in but couldn't I did 2 silent burps my teacher she stared at me I excused myself but after that I just kept burping it got loud and she gave me detention and it was embarrassing
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 16, 2016, 04:37 PM
    We weren't there. Loud burps, contorting your body to get them out, laughing, etc, is one thing.
    Next time say "I can't keep them in" or "They hurt if I try" and ask to go to the restroom.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
    Was this after lunch? Do you burp at home? Do any insides hurt when you burp?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 16, 2016, 06:11 PM
    I'd speak to your teacher after class tomorrow to find out why you were given detention. If you disrupted the class, and were laughing, I'd do the same thing.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2016, 06:16 PM
    Burps can be released silently very easily. I'm guessing that's NOT what you did. The is no excuse for a loud disruptive burp, excusing yourself does not get you out of it.
    Rt1_00 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2016, 06:54 AM
    Yes it was the class after lunch I don't normally burp and I am never in trouble and don't disrupt classes so it was very embarrassing
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2016, 06:56 AM
    Okay, so it happened. It's over, move on and stop dwelling on it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 23, 2016, 05:38 PM
    Detention is already done, burping was already done, disrupting the class was already done, and you can't move backwards, so from now on, if you have to burp, do so quietly without disrupting the class.

Obviously your burping was noticeable, otherwise the teacher wouldn't have noticed. I have a feeling there's more to the story than just you burping in class, it's not hard to make a burp quiet and unnoticeable, so I'm pretty sure there was clowning around, and loud burping, that was disruptive. So you got what you deserved, and now you have to accept it, learn from it, and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Seeking Money Help, kind of venting, Don't be rude. [ 4 Answers ]

So, yes, this is going to be long. You've been warned, negative comments aren't welcome don't be rude. Okay here's my deal. I got my cdl 8 years ago, I did a lease thing where I was making payments On the truck, fuel yadda yadda, Basically like I was buying it but, When I got paid I...

Stomach growling and burping a lot ? Pregnant? [ 0 Answers ]

For the past couple weeks or less, I've had weird noises in my stomach, sometimes it's tightening then grumbling growling whatever you want to call it, I've also had random hiccups and excessive burping. There has been no change in my diet an I've never had this before now. I'm not hungry, because...

4 month old spit up a lot today-worried about dehydration? What to do overnight? [ 1 Answers ]

My 4 month old didn't keep much of his feedings down today-spit up a few times. I'm worried about dehydration. Is there a way to know if he is OK? Should I let him sleep through the night or check him? He had no fever when he went to bed but was fussy today.

She rude or don't respect me? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 46, she's 39. Been dating for 3 plus yrs, she won't reply to 90% of my texts or calls, even if I say I love you or miss you. She will rarely. When she works she leaves at 6pm and only then on her way to work will she call me, the rest of the day she's sleeping, smoking, talking to kids, dogs,...

I don't mean to be rude, or mean. [ 17 Answers ]

But okay so this guy I am talking to He is 5'6" And he says he weighs 160 pounds. Is that fat/overweight for a 16 yr old? And I want to know if I am being mean. I just want to know. Anyone? :o

View more questions Search