Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammmy2026 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Age difference
    I am a 17 year old girl and I will be a senior in High School. I am dating a 20 year old college student. Do you think that he is too old for me to date? I just need some opinions.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 10, 2007, 08:04 PM
    I Don't See A Thing Wrong With That. How Do You Feel About It. Does It Bother You. I Could See If He Was 25 Or So But Its Just 3 Years.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jun 10, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Of course not!

Nothing to worry about.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Not too old of a person to date as far as your ages are concerned. But, if you become committed to one another, I would hate to see you or him get hurt emotionally because of choices in life either of you are going to be making in the next few years because of schooling and opportunities as far as jobs that may arise.

Just my opinion as you only asked for that.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 01:52 AM
    No its not to old. Same age difference between me and my ex. However at a younger age, those few years can make a big difference. One may be wanting to start a career soon or travel the world whilst the other partner is starting the whole partying scene.

Unfortunately at a young age commitment is probably going to be a problem and sooner or later someone may get hurt. So keep it light, fun and enjoy yourself and don't get to serious. The key is to have your own life away from your boy friend so if the worst comes to worst you will have a happy life still!
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

Jun 12, 2007, 02:57 AM
    NO, but I am not sure how your parents will feel about it.. 3 years age difference is not a lot and it is normal to date someone a few years older or younger but it may seem like a lot to you or your parents because you are so young.
    SpottieOttie33 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jun 12, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sammmy2026
    I am a 17 year old girl and I will be a senior in High School. I am dating a 20 year old college student. Do you think that he is too old for me to date? I just need some opinions.
    Hahah! No way. I had JUST turned 17 and started dating a 25 year old. We have been together for 3 years now and are now engaged to be married :) he is my everything, don't let an age label get in the way of love!
    DamnGina Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Definantly not! I am 16 and I dated a 24 year old
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 06:01 PM
    IM 24 and my hubby is 27 , we started dating when I was 18 years old.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
    No, this seems OK,
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 06:08 PM
    No, I do not see anything wrong with this. Not much of an age difference at all.

Joe
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Really, once you get close to that 18 mark... it doesn't seem like a big difference. I mean 18 and 23 doesn't sound so far apart, but 15 and 20 does. And the difference is the same.
    Mamao2 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jun 12, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Wow... I have mixed opinions about these posts. But to answer your question, 17 and 20 is perfectly fine. I just ended a relationship with a guy who was four and a half years older than me. There were some complications that came with the age difference, but if you love each other and really want it to work, then u two should be just fine. A problem we had was that he was always going to the bar with his friends, which, I might add, I didn't a problem with, but later I found out he had been cheating. Don't be paranoid, but be aware of it. I also agree with someone who posted above in saying you will have to make altering decisions later (school, career, etc). Be prepared for a bumpy road ahead but go for it, have fun, love life and love with all you have
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Jun 12, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Hey if your HAPPY and he treats you good then your fine... enjoy it... Just in case don't ever let him feel like he's superior than you just b.c of the little age difference... plus they say girls mature faster than boys so you guys are probably at the same level... :)... Ohh yea LISTEN TO MAMA I too have that problem Im 19 my hubby is 21 we've been together for a looooong time but after he hit that age he was out and about from 18 on it starts... yea you can get in some places at 18 but not all some you have to be 21... just becareful... and smart!
    mrs Hough Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 03:45 PM
    There is nothing wrong with tthat I been with my husband since I was 18 and I can tell you now I am married to this man I am 23 now and he is 38 he has to child from his ex and there ages are 16 and 18 but I love him very much and he loves me and that is all that matters not the age
    Kutie20 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Jun 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Hey I am 20 years old. I got married when I was 18 my husband was 27. We have now been married for 2years. I am 20 he is 29. That is a 9 year difference. I think it is fine. Just be careful. Have fun. And if you love each other that is all that matters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age Difference [ 35 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and I have been speaking to this girl who I recently found out was 16. We like each other, do you think its wrong getting into a relationship with her? Is the age gap too big?

Age difference [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 16 until July then I turn 17, but my girlfreind is 14 and in December she turns 15... does that sound wrong, we aren't having sex or anything!

Age difference in marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir, I am aged 27 and am in love with a girl who is younger to me by 8 years. We have been committed to marry each other and our parents too know about it and have approved our relationship. Recently, she confessed that I treat her on par with my age and our age difference is too much...

Age difference [ 14 Answers ]

Is it possible for a relationship between a 21 yr old female and 27 man work out with such a age gap.? Is 21 to imature for a serious relationship?

Age Difference [ 7 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and my partner is 28 years older than me.We have been dating almost 2 years.I am really in love with him. But he is a control freak. I can't spend my time with my friends.He doesn't let me visit my parents because they live in another city.Nobody can come to my house because...

View more questions Search