Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apoteke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 09:15 PM
    Can't open AVI file in Pinnacle Studio 9
    I have a file that is an avi file. It is saved on a DVD disc and I downloaded it to my hard drive. I want to use it make a movie. When I try to open the file in Pinnacle it says it can't open. It is the same format as the files I download off my mini DV tapes. Why can't I open the file?, Thanks, John
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 23, 2006, 09:23 PM
    Do you have the proper video codec installed to view or play the file? If not, this could be one reason why it will not open.
    apoteke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 09:28 PM
    How do I make sure I have the proper codec installed. The files I download from tapes are avi files and those work.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 23, 2006, 09:35 PM
    If you check the properties of the file, it should tell you which codec is used. Otherwise, here is a good free program that will tell you that info, as well as all codecs currently installed on your system:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/GSpot.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Playing a .avi file at the boot screen [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if this was posible and if it is how would you do it. Thanks a lot :D

Need Pinnacle Studio 9 Help [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, This is for anyone who uses Pinnacle Studio 9 or has any other useful suggestions... I use Pinnacle Studio 9 for editing video, the problem is, whenever I make a video (finish editing and click "Make Movie") nearly every time the video and audio sync is all screwed up, they don't...

Cannot open file [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running Windows XP, home edition. If I drag and drop or cut and paste a file from one directory to another, I cannot open the file with it's associated application. If instead, I copy and paste the file from one dirctory to another, I have no problem opening it. I get an error message that...

Playing .avi file problem HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I've had this problem for a long time. How do you plady a .avi file?? Please help. :eek:

View more questions Search