Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TexasGin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Not too clear about this 30 day notice
    My husband rented a one bedroom apartment back in 2003. Now that we are married, and we need more room, we are looking into getting a 2 bedroom apartment. His lease was up at the 1st of the month. He talked with the office about a 2 bedroom, and they told him to come back, a few times. Well, at the final, we found another place to move into. He paid this months rents, and he isn't under a contract. Do we still have to give a 30 day notice? Also we can't get matince here either. The kitchen light needs replaceing, not just the bulb, and we have told them this for over a year, and we still can't see in our kitchen. Please let me know what we have to do. Thank you
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2006, 05:57 AM
    If the lease says 30 day notice, then yes, you must give a 30 day notice. In the notice, remind the landlord of the maintenance repairs that have been needed.

Read the "Termination" section of the lease very closely.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2006, 08:57 AM
    Did the lease automatically renew, I know all of mine does, if a person does not notify within the limits the lease renews.

But even if it did not, under most ( not all) areas, if you are paying on a monthly basis then a 30 day notice would apply
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 16, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Rick and Chuck are correct. I just wanted to add that you need to document (take photos, keep copies of maintenace requests) any damage to the apartment if you want your security deposit back.
    TexasGin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 01:03 PM
    Thank you for responding to me. We are not under any lease here at all. He was suppose to fill out another app. But didn't since we found this other place. We even still reminded them about the repairs at that time, and still nothing. Thanks for responding though. There is just soooo much going on here. I don't know how to experess it all.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 18, 2006, 06:54 PM
    Generally, if a lease expires and a new one is not signed, then you operate under a month to month extension.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clear sac on pubic hair? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I recently shaved my pubic hair and, as always, tweezed some hairs that were hard to shave off. As I pulled some hairs out, they had a clear sac-like thing attached to the hair that was underneath the skin. I've let the hair grow back in some, and if I tweeze out other hairs, some of them also...

C++ basics, need clear explanation of... [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone give a very clear and concise explanation of a very basic example program in C++ with showing passing variables by value and by reference. I need to know exactly how to declare the function. How to define the function? And how to call the function? The part I need...

Want to pay, but need to clear report,too [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering bankruptcy, but I'm unsure. If I file, will all bills be removed from my report? If I can somehow manage to pay off these creditors, will these bills still be listed on my credit report? Help!

How do I clear my browser cache? [ 2 Answers ]

How I clear my browser cache? I'm a newbie.

View more questions Search