Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 7, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Marry older man?just a little older!
    :confused: someone keep telling me that it is good for a girl marries a man who is a little older than her! Cause older man knows more how to take care of others,how to respect others... but for young men,what they care about is themselves only!Is that true?I was thinking about that for many times!Would like to get more comments!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 07:16 PM
    No, there are just as many immature older men as there are immature younger men. It depends on how they are raised to respect other people, how to relate to women, and be responsible to others for their actions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Naw, the idea all older men are more responsible is like saying all blondes are dumb, or all bald men sexy.

Each man is what he is,
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Nov 7, 2007, 08:08 PM
    I guess that is partly true. When I was 26 I dated a guy that was 43 and he did treat me better than guys my own age. Although, he turned out to be a cheating SOB so he was just more mature in the since that he knew how to better play the game. All guys are basically the same regardless of age. Some are just nice and some are not.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 8, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Whoa guys!

I'm sixty, I've been married to the same lady for 42 years. I have never cheated on my wife, nor do I have any intention to ever hurt my lady in such a way.

However, there is an age difference between us. My wife is two months older than mem
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Nov 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf
    Whoa guys!

I'm sixty, I've been married to the same lady for 42 years. I have never cheated on my wife, nor do I have any intention to ever hurt my lady in such a way.

However, there is an age difference between us. My wife is two months older than mem

I didn't mean to imply that all older men were scum, I didn't mean that at all. What I meant was that older men do know how to treat a woman but age doesn't change the fact that they are either nice guys or just better at playing you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
    I think you're overgeneralizing. Just because a man is older doesn't automatically mean he's more caring and respectful and just because a man is younger doesn't mean he's self-centered. Don't try to judge character issues based on age. In fact, if anything, at the risk of overgeneralizing myself, I'd almost say that the opposite is true, that older men tend to be more self-centered and set in their ways whereas younger men are more flexible and more willing to compromise.
    purpledolphin Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 05:16 AM
    My husband is 16 yrs older.but then I have never dated anyone younger than me.the main problems we have is I'm white and he's black,and there's a bunch of stupid racist people out there yet. As well our views may be diff,but we work around it.I think it depnds on what your lokking for and your personal choice.not what someone else thinks.
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2008, 12:46 PM

I think if the guy is older it's okay, but I agree with others it's not necessarily better.

The major problem is if you stay together long enough your 'older' man may seem much older at some later point and really be just some old dude-- like if you are 21 and he's 41, fine. But wait until you're 61 and he's 81! Yikes!

Nov 28, 2008, 04:10 PM

Caddy person,

That is such a lame answer!

That's like saying, when you are 61 and he is 81 you will realize what a mistake you've made.

By the way, what happened during the intervening 40 years, misery or happiness?

Why is this question back on the forum stack. It was originally poster in Nov. of 2006.
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
    Caddy person,

That is such a lame answer!

That's like saying, when you are 61 and he is 81 you will realize what a mistake you've made.

By the way, what happened during the intervening 40 years, misery or happiness?

Why is this question back on the forum stack. It was originally poster in Nov. of 2006.
    The OP came back I think, which is why the thread was re-activated.

I see your point about all those good years with the 20 year gap. But, hey, there's no way I'm waking up at 61 and looking at someone next to me who's 81! No way.:)

Nov 28, 2008, 04:26 PM

I don't know how to break this to you, but looking at someone who is 81 may be the least of your problems.

Remember you must be able to wake up. If you don't the, the age of the person next to you will not matter at all to you.
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
    I don't know how to break this to you, but looking at someone who is 81 may be the least of your problems.

Remember you must be able to wake up. If you don't the, the age of the person next to you will not matter at all to you.
    Ok, but I'm a long way from 61.

In any event I think most people who have problems at 61 have them because they've let themselves go for years (I've seen guys at the gym lifting weights at 65 who are going strong--but hey, if you're 65 and a couch potato 50 lbs overweight watching Oprah, drinking booze and smoking cigs how can you expect not to have problems? Just my humble opinion).
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Jan 8, 2009, 12:00 PM

Well older... older men come with a lot of problems that most don't realize...

People do age and when there is a large age gap they won't age with you.

As far as maturity goes... Depends on the guy... Some guys are more than others

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Younger woman, older man [ 9 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for a year now. Everything was going well and we were very happy. He recently went to the doctor and the doctor said that he has a prostate infection, that can later on lead to prostate cancer. We have not had any kind of sexual contact for more than 1 month, and it...

Not enough sex with older man [ 8 Answers ]

I am 22 and am dating a 35 year old guy. We have been together for over a year and I know he cares about me a lot. We got together now knowing each other's ages and thinking it would only last a couple months but it has turned into a very real relationship. I love him very much but we don't...

Should I marry my boyfriend who is 30years older than me? [ 14 Answers ]

I love him very much and he is my first man. Our relationship has lasted for 2 years. Now Im in a very awkward situation, I didn't expect our relationship would go this far, and he wants to marry me, but Im hesitated to do that bcos of the big age difference. I tried to break up with him, but...

Older man, not husband [ 25 Answers ]

First post I am married woman been that way for quite a few years. I have a decent relationship and I honestly can say I love my husband. Got married far to young though and I know it, we have children now. Getting to my point, I have met a man who completely takes my breath away. We spend a...

View more questions Search