Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2007, 08:44 PM
    What to do?I miss my boyfriend so much,but he is far away from me!
    I knew one guy via Skype,after long talk,he asked me to be his girlfriend,I agreed!cause I found I love him so much.but the questions are that he lives in Algeria,and he is 22 years old now,I am 24.he won't graduate from his university until next summer.he won't come to see me until next summer.I miss him very much every day,every munite,very second.Now it is his summer vacation,he has to work,we can not talk everyday.I found I can't focus on my job,just keep thinking about him.I do not know what to do.And my friends keep threatening me Algeria is not a good place for living,muslim guy is not a good choice for me.I am confused!But he is really a nice man,I am sure he is my Mr.Right.
    Is there any one could give me some advice?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 3, 2007, 08:47 PM
    In my opinion long distance relationships rarely work. Yes some do, but that is the exception to the rule.

Is there some reason why you are not dating men in your area?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2007, 08:59 PM
    jasmine_rezzag,

Hello, I hope that you will understand that meeting somebody on skype or any other way besides in person is a very hard way to get to know somebody. It might be able to share personal thoughts easier or may be able to talk more but to find out if it really true, you need to spend quality time with each other. That is something you have not able to do. It might be unfair, or you might truly feel that your in love, but you do not truly have any form of contact with this person unless it is on the phone or internet. You can not really miss somebody that you do not even really know.

My thoughts are to relax, and take this as a friendship. Meeting somebody closer to you and that you can actually see everyday might happen to you. Do you want to miss out on that?

Joe
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Aug 4, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmine_rezzag
    I knew one guy via Skype,after long talk,he asked me to be his girlfriend,I agreed!cause i found i love him so much.but the questions are that he lives in Algeria,and he is 22 years old now,i am 24.he won't graduate from his university until next summer.he won't come to see me until next summer.I miss him very much every day,every munite,very second.Now it is his summer vacation,he has to work,we can not talk everyday.i found i can't focus on my job,just keep thinking about him.I do not know what to do.And my friends keep threatening me Algeria is not a good place for living,muslim guy is not a good choice for me.I am confused!But he is really a nice man,i am sure he is my Mr.Right.
    Is there any one could give me some advice?
    Hi. I spent 3.5 years working with the person I love and 2 years communicating with him e-mail, calls, visiting him from time to time and I did not know him properly! So hoe could you say that you know that he is Mr. Right while you did not even see him! I think you should give yourself a break and think again about this relationship, if you really feel that you love him not just attracted to him, then take a step and visit him in Algeria see him, his friends, family, the way he lives, his culture, and the most important thing if he is ready to get committed once he graduate. Only then you will be able to know what to do.

Good Luck.
    Dreamer10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2007, 05:00 AM
    This is what people go through in a long distance relationship. But because you explain that you can't even concentrate on work…is this long distance relationship secure or does it have odd circumstances involved? As for your friends, it's not your fault that they are racist. If that is you in your picture, don't you think it would be hurtful if people told him "girls of her race are not good for you". You have to judge people based on how the personally are. So, how is he personally?

Is there a reason besides missing him that makes you think about him so much, and is making you go a little crazy over him? If you explain further I can probably help better.
    ashleighcooper1 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Not too be rude or anything, but I think, that to genuinly be in love with someone, you have to at least know them, or to have met them first.

I think you might be over-exaggerating the "love" part of things. You are only in love with the person he seems to be online. In person he could be a right jerk.

All I'm saying, is not to get too caught up about him, when he could be a total loser in person.
    Think about it before you go and see him. Good Luck xxx
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 29, 2008, 10:23 AM
    This post is from Aug 2007.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get her to miss me? [ 84 Answers ]

Hey guys, Last week my girlfriend of 3.5 years broke up with me. I was completely blindsided by it. We're in a long-distance relationship, but would have been out of one soon. Her reasoning is complicated, but basically she says that she feels like for the past 3.5 years she's been always...

New to this, miss my ex and do not know what to do. [ 12 Answers ]

Alright-- Me and my ex were dating for 11 months before we hit a huge rut. During those 11 months we never, ever had a fight (an actual fight) the little arguments were there on certain things, but that is natural. I am 20 years old and she is 19. When she moved here we started hanging...

I really miss him [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I was with my boyfriend for 3 years and we were best friends, I mean we did everything together and were so in love. I was the luckiest girl in the world. But a month ago, out of nowhere, he broke up with me.. I miss him more than anything.. I want him back.. Please help.. He's not a bad...

I miss them [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my grandchildren to a new family its so unfair that we can not have contact I understand they have a new life but what about us the grandparents does that sound selfish I miss them really bad:(

View more questions Search