Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ittle Posts: 95, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Help! With windows office!
    OK so I have windows 2003on my brand new laptop (haha) and so the laptop comes with the 30 day trial for windows 2006 but I don't want that. Every time I open like word it pops up then it says=installing windows 2006 trial. And I can't open my projects I've done cause when I close the installation screen. It shuts the hole thing down. How can I fix this?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Some clarification is required. Do you mean that you have Office 2003 installed on your laptop?

Also there are no Windows or Office 2006 versions. I'm not sure what you mean there; unless it's Works 2006.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 22, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Many new PCs come with a 60 day trial of Microsoft Office. The current version of Office is 2003. If the PC is a Windows based PC it will come with a licensed copy of Windows XP (Home, Pro or Media Center) installed on it.

There is Windows Advanced Server 2003, but I doubt if that's what you have installed. So, as Need indicated, you need to be more specific about what is installed and what you have been using.

Jun 23, 2006, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Some clarification is required. Do you mean that you have Office 2003 installed on your laptop?

Also there are no Windows or Office 2006 versions. I'm not sure what you mean there; unless it's Works 2006.
    IM sorry. I meant I installed office '98 and my computer came with 30 day trial for 2003.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 23, 2006, 11:43 AM
    Umm there is no Office 98. There was Office 97 then Office 2K. Installing an older version of Office can cause problems. Its best to install in order. If you aren't going to register the trial, then uninstall it and then reinstall your version.

Jun 24, 2006, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Umm there is no Office 98. There was Office 97 then Office 2K. Installing an older version of Office can cause problems. Its best to install in order. If you aren't going to register the trial, then uninstall it and then reinstall your version.

Hmm... that's weird... anyway I uninstalled the trial and it worked! Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ms Office [ 3 Answers ]

Hi when I try to open a word file its taking a long time for it to open as it says its scanning for virus.. its taking almost 2 minutes for a file to open. It happens with the smallest size of word document

Office 300 [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I have Office 3000 for a 60 day free trial with my computer - I had to do a system restore last week and ever since then I keep getting a pop up box trying to install Office 3000 - then I get an error message - a required installation file SKU112.CAB could not be found - it tells me to...

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

Xp Office [ 5 Answers ]

I have an Me Operating system and I`m trying to install the Microsoft Xp Office. It is installed successfully but as I reboot the installation is lost.When I click on the shortcut for either Word,exel or Powerpoint ,I always get the massage `This action only valid for products that are currently...

View more questions Search