Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreadikrueger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2018, 05:59 AM
    Traffic Infraction Citations That I Did Not Commit
    I have just recently went to the local DMV here in Georgia to renew my license and was shocked to find out that my license has been suspended for the last 2 yrs due to 2 outstanding out of state tickets and Now and Outstanding Warrant For My arrest in Midland, Tx, a place I have never been, for Speeding And Failing Responsibility Or Something of the Sort. Speaking With the Representative of the DMV here she Said That I would Need to contact Midland Co, In Doing So The Rep In Texas Said That My only Option was To Come To See The Judge There and I Could Possibly Be Arrested. I have Never Been in Trouble With The Law. Didn't Even Know My License Were Suspended because I am a Safe Driver. Please Help!
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2018, 08:03 AM
    I feel your pain. Someone in Ohio had my social security number associated with his driver's license. Every time he got points, I got points. Every time his license was suspended, mine was suspended. I would get pulled over for being "wanted". It's been 8 years now since anything has happened so he either died, stopped driving, or stop breaking the law. What a pain.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2018, 09:00 AM
    I too sympathize, but unless you hire an attorney you have to make your case before a judge.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2018, 11:25 AM
    I’ve had this happen. Be prepared to provide proof that you weren’t in the state when the citations were written. I had to provide time cards (that’s what we used at the time) to prove I was actually at work in Alaska when the offenses occurred in Michigan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil citations [ 2 Answers ]

What to do when served a civil citation from state of Texas

Formal Probation (correctable traffic infraction) [ 4 Answers ]

With a correctable traffic infraction hurt me in any way? My girlfriend recently was stopped while driving my car for my windows being tinted (it's the owners responsibility to have the tint removed in this case me). I already had the tint removed and will go to the courthouse sometime this week to...

Statute of limitations on issuing traffic citations [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend received a ticket in the mail over a month after being stopped. Is there a statue of limitations on how long an officer has to file a citation in the state of PA?

View more questions Search