Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iluvcats888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 06:50 PM
    30% of tickets sold were kids tickets, selling at $4. The rest were sold at $8.50.
    30% of the tickets sold by a movie theater for the Friday night show were children's tickets at $4 each. The rest of the tickets were sold at the full price of $8.50. The movie theater collected $252 for the children's tickets. How many tickets did they sell in all? How do you know?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 07:57 PM

C = the number of children's tickets sold
    A = the number of full-price tickets sold
    4C + 8.5A = 252.00 (Equation 1). $252 is the total amount taken in.
    C + A = total tickets sold -- the total number of tickets must be the sum of the two types of tickets.
    C = 0.3 (C + A) -- you know that the number of children's tickets equals 30% of the total
    0.7C = 0.3A (Equation 2) -- Simplified from the above.

Using Equation 1 and Equation 2, solve for C and A.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Parking tickets [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if I have unpaid parking tickets in California? Is there payment options or community service

501(c)(3) Free Tickets [ 1 Answers ]

Are members of a 501(c)(3) board allowed to receive free tickets to events that the charity is charging others to attend?

Scalped tickets [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter bought tickets online from a company based in IL. Turns out they are scalpers. NC has a law against this that says: One can resell tickets to special events, such as athletic games, for no more than the face value of the ticket plus a "reasonable service fee" not to exceed $3. G.S....

Driving tickets [ 3 Answers ]

I have not had a driving infraction for over 15 years- except in a different province. In the last two years I have been pulled over twice in another province. The first was for speeding (I was going with traffic flow but because my wife's car looks hopped up I was picked out and pulled over...

Selling tickets to hear "me" preach! [ 14 Answers ]

The latest and greatest mega church and minister in my city tours America, selling tickets for $10.00 to spend "An Evening with ________." A regular "worship service" is conducted. What are your thoughts re charging to enter a worship service? Of course, offerings and contributions for the...

View more questions Search