Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    filiprb Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2017, 10:48 PM
    Plot ideas
    I am making an animated series, and need help with plots. The main character is Budder Shtik, he leads a group of people on YouTube named Eidam cheese, Sam the Hen, NElla the Chicken, Trevato the tomato, murderous potato, Kantaloupe Froot, and Matt, the extra. Murderous potato is Trevato brother, and is the oldest. Trevato is Budder Shtik best friend. Sam has a crush on Nella, and vise-versa, although niether of them know about each other's feelings. Eidam cheese is Budder Shtiks little brother. Sam is the only female. Sam likes cactus'. They all like being on YouTube. There is another character idea named princess butter knife. That is the main antagonist. They play roblox.

Also, if anyone is interested I would like some help with animating.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2017, 09:05 AM
    My suggestion is to make a one minute animation and ask for help on YouTube. A list of characters doesn't really get it going, and to you, it's all complete in your mind, but to us, it's just a lot of words.
    Creativity is WORK! You don't know how to animate, and you don't have plots. It reminds me of the old saying, ''If we had some ham we could have ham and eggs if we had some eggs.''
    If people know how to animate, they are busy doing their own animation.
    Not being mean. Just realistic. Good luck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2017, 01:29 PM
    Sounds like it could be a comedy or drama in the kitchen with scenes in the refrigerator or oven. Is there a (secretly evil?) Master Chef, maybe Budder Shtik?
    current pert

Dec 28, 2017, 01:40 PM
    Wondergirl is a supporter and nurturer.
    I tend to tell teens a small suggestion and then say they are on their own. IMO, if they really have the passion for their craft, nothing will stop them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2017, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Wondergirl is a supporter and nurturer.
    I tend to tell teens a small suggestion and then say they are on their own. IMO, if they really have the passion for their craft, nothing will stop them.
    HEY! I didn't write the story for him -- but I could have. :D

I wanted to start the ol' brain cells working, plus I belong to two online writers groups. This sounded like a great prompt I might just steal and rewrite. Hee hee.

Dec 28, 2017, 02:32 PM
    Great idea. Thanks!
    current pert

Dec 28, 2017, 02:54 PM
    I wasn't knocking a supporter. The world need all kinds.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2017, 03:45 PM
    I wasn't knocking a supporter. The world need all kinds.
    I know you weren't. But how could I pass up a writing question like THIS one???!!! And I cudda written the whole story for him. :(

Dec 28, 2017, 03:49 PM
    I would be happy to work with you on this

Also its going to be many different clips like skits. Adding up to a whole storyline.
    current pert

Dec 28, 2017, 04:07 PM
    45 years ago we did animation with a camera clamped onto a platform above a table, facing down, and we just took picture after picture, moving our objects around.
    This is still an art form, I'm glad to see.
    Good luck (I do like Budder Schtik)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2017, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by filiprb View Post
    I would be happy to work with you on this

Also its going to be many different clips like skits. Adding up to a whole storyline.
    You must have some ideas in mind. You might need to tweak your characters a bit to fit in with the kitchen setting and various skits. Figure out what the main plot is -- and the ending. How long will a skit be? Will each skit feature ALL the players, or just some of them? Write down an outline for each skit and name the characters. How will each skit add to the plot and how will it end?
    current pert

Dec 28, 2017, 05:15 PM
    ''I would be happy to work with you on this'' LOLOLOL!
    I just noticed that.
    It doesn't bother Wondergirl at all. Me, I want to sit your 13 year old self down and tell you that when a writer offers some help, it is customary and polite to express gratitude.
    You might say ''Thank you for any suggestions you have on this. I appreciate your time.''
    You are not dispensing favors, she is.

We get tons of young people here every day who have an idea. Often it's a song. The lyrics aren't really written, nor is the music! They just know there's a hit brewing inside of them with a vague topic, and they just want other people to write it for them.

But all that isn't even the point. The point is that, except for some amount of direction and ideas, you still have to do this yourself.

Some famous writers get a whole lot of 3 x 5 index cards. Every time a thought hits, they jot it down. They play with the cards over days and weeks, reading them over and over, hundreds of them, until stories form.

I joked on Facebook the other day that it is so cold in my kitchen, that I had to go put the butter back in the fridge so keep it from freezing. Now what? Nothing, nothing at all.
    Start writing down those little disjointed thoughts. Don't try to write a whole skit. It will pop into your mind when it does.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2017, 06:11 PM
    ''I would be happy to work with you on this'' LOLOLOL!
    I just noticed that.
    It doesn't bother Wondergirl at all.
    He may turn out to be a 21st-century Walt Disney!

You are not dispensing favors, she is.
    Naw, I haven't done him any favors yet. Maybe I got his creative juices flowing....

except for some amount of direction and ideas, you still have to do this yourself.
    I suspect he gets that part. I have a young friend who approaches writing group members to be their cowriter. The problem is, no stories are ever cowritten. His quest is merely to make friends with strangers.

Start writing down those little disjointed thoughts. Don't try to write a whole skit. It will pop into your mind when it does.
    Maybe joypulv's frozen stick of butter could become part of a skit....
    current pert

Dec 29, 2017, 05:33 AM
    Did I drive him away? If he really wants this, he'll persist.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 29, 2017, 06:18 PM
    One skit: Princess Butter Knife has a crush on Head Chef Budder Shtik. But the chef ignores her flirtatious flashes. She has even rubbed Danish oil onto her sturdy oaken handle and put a lovely shine on her curvy blade. Chef Budder continues to be oblivious to the Princess's charms and gives her occasional cold stares with features frozen in a frown.

Now what?
    current pert

Dec 30, 2017, 12:07 PM
    And yet again, a response I wrote is gone...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2017, 01:29 PM
    And yet again, a response I wrote is gone...
    I think everything is still there -- unless it's a new one today.
    current pert

Dec 30, 2017, 04:00 PM
    Now one today about his age and a slightly risque plot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have some plot - need title [ 5 Answers ]

A number of native american teenagers (3 to 10) in the pacific northwest (maybe Washington state or british columbia) have been sentenced to spend one year in jail by a white sheriff. Some elders of the local native american tribe offer to substitute punishment according to their tribal culture....

Only the plot to go on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for the author and tiltle of a book I read a while ago. It's set in rural England where a girl comes over from America to stay with her cousins. Then a (fictional) war breaks out, all communications are shut down so it's chaos. They're stuck at this farmhouse with no adults, the...

Designjet 600 will not plot [ 6 Answers ]

We have a designjet 600 and are using it as a network printer but we can not get it to plot. Any ideas?

The plot [ 2 Answers ]

What's the plot of this movie called the Prestige??

View more questions Search