Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dgbennett Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Ceiling Fan will not reach high speed
    I just installed a replacement 52 inch Harbor Breezefan and I am experiencing the same problem as the last one. It appears to turn only at medium speed when on high. I have four other fans of the same type and all spin considerably faster. My son said the original turned as fast as the others and a couple of weeks ago the symptoms appeared. I changed the wall switch and nothing has changed.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2007, 07:53 PM
    What type of wall switch do you have?

Oct 22, 2007, 02:48 AM
    The switch is a simple toggle switch 110v.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 09:31 PM
    It sounds like a bad capacitor, but that would explain why two fans in the same location exibited the same problem. Do you have a voltmeter?

Oct 28, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Voltage at switch and fan is 123.5. I now notice that even the light seems dimmer than the two adjacent rooms
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2007, 02:16 PM
    123 is good. Something may be wrong with the fan. Is it a remote fan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan at high speed seems slow [ 7 Answers ]

I purchased an outdoor Harbor Breeze ceiling fan Baja model with the wide fan blades and used an outdoor rated extension cord (16 gauge and about 20ft long) to rig the electrical since I have no power source where it is hanging outdoor. I also used a Hunter remote. I think I connected everything...

Harbor Breeze fan only has high speed [ 2 Answers ]

I have recenlty installed a new Harbor Breeze fan in the bedroom of our new house. After I installed it, everything worked as it should. I had three speeds when using the pull chain and the light switched on and off with the other. One day I had it on the lowest setting and I came back into the...

3 speed ceiling fan only has 1 speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 speed Hunter ceiling that I rarely turn off and all 3 speeds had been working. I recently turned it off and when I turned it back on, only the high speed is working. I assumed the switch was bad and replaced it. I still only have the High speed. Has anyone had this problem before? ...

Hampton Bay Fan No High Speed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a remote only Hampton Bay fan, everything works except the high speed, it worked last year.:confused:

Ceiling fan high speed [ 1 Answers ]

I reinstalled a ceiling fan from the basement. When it was down there all 3 speeds worked fine. Now that I've reinstalled it upstairs, it only runs on high speed. The are 4 wires from the fan, white black blue and green. Green is ground, blue is for the light, white neutral and black hot. 3...

View more questions Search