Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 05:59 AM
    Do you think he meant it??
    On New Years Eve - I was Djing until 12am. My boyfriend came down with his friends until 11pm and then went on somewhere else afterwards.

He told me he would be back before 12 regardless of his friends as he wanted to see the New year in with me - and that he did bless him. We went to meet his friends and went on to a house party afterwards.

We got in to a conversation about something and his response was "I really do Love you though" - I thought I was dreaming so I replied "what was that" - then he replied "Nothing".

What do you think that means?

Maybe I should have relpied better?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 06:08 AM
    When he looks you in the eye - and is sure he has your full attention - and then says it, that's when he really means it.

... just my 1.5 cents worth :D
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 9, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Rick is right.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2006, 06:10 AM
    Men
    As a man I can tell you we often say good things the wrong way, our good intentions of how we say things are most often taken wrong. Men live with a case of foot in mouth most of the time.

While only he knows what he really meant or means, it may with the little info given here should like he was feeling a little guilty not spending the entire night where you were at. ( which is what I think he should have done, since he did not need to be "running with the boys" )
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 06:25 AM
    I only ask - because he looks at me sometimes like he is about to say it to me but then doesn't.

I want to tell him how much I love him all the time - but I can never quite get the words out.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Saying "I love you"
    Hi,
    After my first marriage ended in divorce after 7 yrs, I eventually started dating again. Met this wonderful lady, and it took me a year before I could actually tell her "I love you".
    Took another year for us to get married.
    If he really loves you, he will eventually tell you. And, you won't have any doubts when he does!
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 9, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Saying I love you
    I always say to my partner "I love you",and she says the same to me.Yes we look each other in the eye.If she looked at the floor,and I was looking at the ceiling,the relationship would be in trouble.Dont worry DJ,I'm sure he loves you,as you do him.Give it time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2006, 07:14 AM
    DJ'h'
    Next time grab him by his ear and smack him in the back of his head and tell him"out with it!":cool:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2006, 07:18 AM
    Just kidding,IT seems he says I love you with actions and maybe he"s the shy type so give the guy a chance to swollow and get his courage up and do things in his own time! You can use the ear trick anytime so be patient!:cool:
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 07:19 AM
    I am patient - just happy to with him. I just wondered whether his slip of the tongue meant anything that's all. But thank you all so much for your help. :)
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 9, 2006, 07:40 AM
    He will say it in due time and when he does you will probably still be pinching yourself to see if its not a dream. The man I loved long ago when he finally told me he loved me he said he had felt that way for a while but was afraid to say it because everyone he ever said he loved he lost. He was afraid if he told me he loved me he would lose me too. I wonder if that is the reason he moved away. Just be good to him and you will know. I think he meant it then but got a little scared.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 09:21 AM
    You could be right crankie. - thank you for your insight - greatly appreciated.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 09:41 AM
    How long have you been dating? Just want to make sure it isn't too soon.

"Maybe I should have relpied better?!" Ya think?? I am sure he was completely disappointed in your response... it's horrible when soemone doesn't love back.

Next time - look him I nthe yes - and say "I know"! - classic... but I am kidding.

I would sit down with him and tell him - bring up what he said.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Well I do love him - I just had to check I had not misheard him (although I knew I had heard right) - it was just so out of the blue an unexpected.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 07:53 PM
    It's hard to say but your seemingly surprised response may have intimidated him a little. Obviously you were surprised in a good way but he may not have realized that. Maybe you should explain that to him when you get the chance.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Jan 9, 2006, 07:58 PM
    For starters make sure he wasn't drunk!:D Just kidding. My husband had the hardest time telling me things such as this. We were in a relationship and had a son and it was like pulling teeth to get him to repeat the things that he said under his breath. Most of the time I would hear him but I just wanted for him to say it again to make sure I heard what it was that I thought I heard. He either may be intimidated or just have a hard time showing his feelings. Stick in there with him and let him get comfortable enough with the fact that you are not going to hurt him and he will come around.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 04:18 AM
    You guys are right. Although he has a great sense of humour and you would think nothing could ever bother him - he is very sensitive. Having put things into perspective his actions speak louder than words. Everything he does and the way he treats me lets me know he loves me. He is always there for me and has made a lot of future plans with me. Like going on holiday in September - perhaps moving into together. Looking at the bigger picture he does love me and he is not going anywhere! He will say it when he's ready too - hell I am scared to tell him I love him - but I do. I guess it will all fall into place when the time is right. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The addiction I was never meant to have [ 10 Answers ]

The addiction, I face is hard for me to say but masterbaiting. I was so good and made it almost 2 years and ti started up again. It now ahs becaome this repititve stupidty. I want to , I But I know I don't want to. And the sin, and the horrible pain and ye I keep doing it. And I think it is a...

Age-Old Question: Is everything meant to be? [ 4 Answers ]

Are the events that occur and the people we meet things that are meant to be, or do they all occur by chance? I believe in God, but because of that I have a hard time deciding whether we are all on a destined path or whether the things that happen occur due to coincidence and with no particular...

He's been meant to me [ 3 Answers ]

I need all the advice I can get. This guy I'm going to call nick is driving me insane. I love him and he doesn't even like me. He knows how I feel and doesn't seem to care. I have tried to talk to him about it but he has seemed kind of distant lately. So I don't know what to do. He is also being a...

Were we meant to be? [ 3 Answers ]

undefined I Am wanting to know if my and my b/f will get married. We have only been dating fro a little over 2 months but i feal something for him. I am a Scorpio and his birthday is February 9th (not sure what he is :p ). I don't necesarily need to know if we will get married. but just somethign...

View more questions Search