Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karmpax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 07:04 PM
    Trouble with DSC 1832 programming
    Recently I have installed dsc 1832 security system . So far I have done good. But I can not solve my smoke detector problem .

Smoke detector is FSA-410BT 4-wire .
    I have run cat5 wire for this connection . The reason is simply - I had left over cat5 .
    I have used Bro for 12v+ and BLU for GND. So I have connected BRO to Aux+ and BLU to PGM2.
    I have used ORG for NO and GRN for C terminal.
    I have put 5.6k resistor across NO and C inside Smoke detector.

I have used zone 15 for this smoke detector .

I have programmed sone 15 as 08 ( std. hardwired 24hr fire).
    I have programmed PGM2 output as 03

I can arm the system but it show FIRE ZONE as zone fault. What could be the problem ? Is there anything which I am missing or did not do right ?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Pk
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 05:17 PM

Verify the resistor has Green/Blue/Red/Gold
    (5600) and remove.
    Disconnect the Orange and green and measure the resistance(verify 5600 ohms).
    Could place resistor at the Panel for a test, you will have to use a short wire and a beanie on the resistor to reach Aux+ and PGM2.
    Programming looks good.
    In the old days we had a Normally closed switch, in series with AUX power and you could press a couple of seconds to reset.
    PGM2 does that for you, The *72(reset is convenient).
    Have you armed and disarmed system?
    techhelp09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 01:25 PM

Smoke detectors are 24hr aux zones you can also try powering down system connecting the smoke and resistors and then power it up... this should automatically enable the auto detect modules and place a supervision on this unit.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2010, 06:58 AM

Smoke Detectors Should be Programmed as a 24 Hour Audible Zone, it gets Positive 12 volts from Auxiliary Power(+).
    The Negative should be from PGM 1 to allow Detector Reset.
    There is NO Autodetect, you have to go to Program Location #902 to Enable Supervision, and then #903 to verify Panel see Modules. Smoke Detectors ARE NOT Modules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C programming [ 2 Answers ]

I'll be extremely thankful if u could provide me with a c program that convert a given nfa to dfa

PLC programming [ 2 Answers ]

I have to modify an existing PLC Ladder Logic program but I have no experience in programming the PLC and at this point it is little hard for me to comment on the code as I don't know what it exactly does. Can someone please suggest any reference material from which I can educate myself on...

Connecting DSC power 1832 alarm to phone line [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a DSC power series 1832 alarm system that I want to connect to a central monitoring station. I have connected it to the phne line via a RJ31X telephone jack and cord set. I set up the system to monitor the phone line such that it should report an error when the phone line is no...

Programming a t.v. [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a vizio t.v. and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to programming a direct t.v. remote to the television because it's not listed on the programs:confused:

View more questions Search