Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scooter44 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Airbag light
    How do you reset the airbag light on the dash for a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. I know if you bring it to the dealer they can reset it but I'd rather not pay $50. I tried disconnecting the battery.:(
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 10:11 AM

When the light comes on, that means the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) has determined that there is a fault in the system. It runs the tests approximately every 500 milliseconds. If there is a fault, that light will remain on. The only way to turn it off that I know of is to thoroughly diagnose the fault and properly repair it.
    Get the code and let us know what you find, we'll help form there.

Aug 8, 2009, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich View Post
    When the light comes on, that means the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) has determined that there is a fault in the system. It runs the tests approximately every 500 milliseconds. If there is a fault, that light will remain on. The only way to turn it off that I know of is to thoroughly diagnose the fault and properly repair it.
    Get the code and let us know what you find, we'll help form there.
    How do you get the code?

Aug 8, 2009, 08:35 PM
    Captain Rich,
    I had unplugged the seatbelt plug when I took the drivers seat out of the truck to clean.
    Could this have triggered the light to come on?
    I plugged it back in, but the airbag sensor light is still on.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 09:14 PM

I believe so. I do remember a seat heater site that said before disconnecting the seats, disconnect battery.

Aug 8, 2009, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    I believe so. I do remember a seat heater site that said before disconnecting the seats, disconnect battery.
    How would I get the light to go out? I didn't disc. The battery 1st
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 09:57 PM

Found this: resetting airbag light after seat removal? - Toyota Forums :: Toyota Nation

Try disconnecting battery for 30 minutes. Remember you;ll have driveability problems until you complete a few drive cycles.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter44
    I had unplugged the seatbelt plug when I took the drivers seat out of the truck to clean.
    Could this have triggered the light to come on?
    I plugged it back in, but the airbag sensor light is still on.
    If you disconnected the seatbelt while the key was ON, you may have caused the light to come on.
    The light only came on after the cleaning? Do you know the code that is turning on the light yet?
    You may want to double-check the connector to insure it's clean and properly seated.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:03 PM

scooter44:

The reddie was uncalled for. Did I say it would work? No. Was it your exact vehicle? No.

Feedback such as "Disconnection the battery didn't work for my vehicle. Thanks for trying" as a post would have been appreciated for others as well as me.

Disagrees are for Totally incorrect answers. Agrees are for well thought out exceptional answers, not a casual nod.

Note the word Accurate in the dialog. Try this based on a web search is neither accurate or inaccurate.

Aug 11, 2009, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    scooter44:

The reddie was uncalled for. Did I say it would work? No. Was it your exact vehicle? No.

Feedback such as "Disconnection the battery didn't work for my vehicle. Thanks for trying" as a post would have been appreciated for others as well as me.

Disagrees are for Totally incorrect answers. Agrees are for well thought out exceptional answers, not a casual nod.

Note the word Accurate in the dialog. Try this based on a web search is neither accurate or inaccurate.
    Sorry- Didn't mean it
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:25 PM

Thanks. Means a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis airbag light flashes 42 [ 5 Answers ]

My 1995 Grand Marquis airbag light flashes 4 times then 2 times. I was able to find other codes, but cannot find the 42. Does anyone know what the 42 code is? Thanks.

S-10 airbag removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove the air bag on a 95 s-10

Airbag light on [ 2 Answers ]

This past week I did a heater core on my 2001 cavalier. Since the whole dash had to come out, obviously I had to take the airbags out. Upon putting it back together before installing bothe airbags I turned the ignition to make sure I didn't have any problem so I would not have to take it back...

View more questions Search